Rugby League - Whats the best package

FredBrez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY TV uk with all packages.
My Location
UK
Hi, At the moment I am on sky in the UK but I will be moving to Belgium very soon. Just wondering what will be the best package for me to do, whats available, I only care about Rugby League? I am going to be getting basic cable, so is it possible to get it via that? Thanks

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
As I'm sure you're aware, league is very much a niche.

Your best bet is to probably get Sky UK in Belgium by contacting a local installer there. In Belgium, it should be very easy to get a strong signal for Sky UK. By getting Sky UK, you'd also be able to get the BBC, and thus the Challenge Cup.

As far as I'm aware, the only other European satellite system which has channels which broadcast RL is CanalSat France on the Sport+ channel - BUT they only show Catalans Dragons games and only in French commentary!

I'd be very interested to hear if league were broadcast anywhere else, would make for interesting reading!

FredBrez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Thanks for informing me on that. Just a quick question though, if I were to use sky in belgium is that legal and would sky be able to know my location from recieving the channels?

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
FredBrez said:
Thanks for informing me on that. Just a quick question though, if I were to use sky in belgium is that legal and would sky be able to know my location from recieving the channels?

Technically, there is nothing actually illegal in viewing Sky in Belgium, and arguably it's not even illegal to subscribe to Sky in Belgium, although you can't with Sky's knowledge.

There is no way Sky would know as long as a) you don't connect your Sky box to the telephone, and :cool: you don't attempt to buy Box Office films/sports.

A local installer will be able to answer any other questions and guide you through the process. It might be a good idea to post a thread on the "installer wanted" board - http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/installer-wanted/ :)

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
quite a few feeds for the rugby league games appear as i'm watching huddersfield v dragons on 10east but this cant always been guaranteed that they will be fta feed

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
I'm sure there are installers in Belgium but somehow I get the impression from trips out there that (at least in the Brussels area) relatively more people are likely to install dishes by themselves than in the UK.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
bigtee said:
I'm sure there are installers in Belgium but somehow I get the impression from trips out there that (at least in the Brussels area) relatively more people are likely to install dishes by themselves than in the UK.

I'm sure there will be someone there (English?) that would be able to help him out though, if not resident in Belgium, then surely in north-east France.

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
Sure sure; I think I might be able to get details of some sellers of sat gear in Brussels; by extension those might have details/knowledge of local installers.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
I'd love to be there when Fred tries to explain to a Belgian what Rugby League is :D

FredBrez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
wod said:
quite a few feeds for the rugby league games appear as i'm watching huddersfield v dragons on 10east but this cant always been guaranteed that they will be fta feed

You can get it for free :) ? Would it be easy to do this? I wouldnt mind missing the odd game like the game I saw Leeds play tonight, wasn't the best game.
Salty25 said:
I'd love to be there when Fred tries to explain to a Belgian what Rugby League is :D

Is this going to be my biggest challenge when i get there then ;)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
FredBrez said:
You can get it for free :) ? Would it be easy to do this? I wouldnt mind missing the odd game like the game I saw Leeds play tonight, wasn't the best game.

The problem with finding streams (free pictures) is that, a) they are by their very nature unreliable, and :cool: sometimes difficult to find if you don't know what you're doing.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
FredBrez said:

The problem with finding streams (free pictures) is that, a) they are by their very nature unreliable, and :cool: sometimes difficult to find if you don't know what you're doing.