Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
120 cm Laminas dish
Inverto Black Ultra Quad
Humax HDR1010S and Foxsat HDR; Topfield TF 4000 PVR
My Location
Southwest France
)(-red
I was shocked and infuriated by the latest Sky tactic at the end of "A Beautiful Mind" yesterday evening.

Instead of the now-expected inanely loud pseudo-American voiceover to ruin the mood of the closing titles - while at least leaving them visible, there is now a half-screen extra-loud "mini-trailer" of forthcoming films. Presumably aimed at people without enough intelligence to look at the EPG or Digiguide etc., this is unbelievably obtrusive and insulting both to the viewer and the film makers. The titles are completely illegible even if finding the remote to hit "Mute" wasn't the priority.

Paying Sky £33 a month for the films package (a lot of which apparently "cross-subsidises" inflated salaries for footballers et al in the sports packages) is bad enough. Being left fuming after what should have been an entertaining and thought-provoking fim is too much. What's next - extra-loud ad breaks is the middle?

Time to cut back to a cheaper package and order a few DVDs I think.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I agree with you there Alec, although I'm not a great one for watching the credits, sometimes I may want to and would at least like the choice.

PS. I dumped the film package when they last put the price up, told them that it was one price rise too far.

psats

Reaction score
have to agree with you both thats why i ditched the rupert chnls and only use the box for fta