Russian Concerts over Christmas & New Year

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
If you are looking for good entertainment in the evening try one of the Russian channels on Hotbird and Sirius.
Over the New Year and Christmas period (Russian Christmas day 11th January) they show lots of good quality light entertainment concerts.
You do not have to understand Russian (I don't) to enjoy them as most of the entertainment is singing, and while some of the singing could be better, the show's are very professional done, they put English shows to shame.
Also the female artists are stunning !
Right back to the show, pass me the vodka !!!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Sorry, Ive seen many shows already, the men are all hairdressers, and the women are hit and miss in the looks department, with musical talent approaching the foxes that raid our bins in Spring.

Maybe you have different channels

The wife likes them though, so I can happily work on other projects in peace while theyre on

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Your a hard man to please CH, though I see where your coming from.
I suggest the next time you watch a good Russian vodka is called for, it makes even the most ordinary singer sound OK.
Mind you with me, my wife, my mother-in-law (who is staying for four months !) and your wife, you are outvoted by 4 to 1.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I can live as a minority - I start with getting acceptance by bringing the largest piece of engine I can find, and proceed to clean it in the living room - Im quiet and meticulous, and do my very best not to upset the evenings entertainment - works most times

Did I fit your system in 1998 Rob ?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Channel Hopper said:
I can live as a minority - I start with getting acceptance by bringing the largest piece of engine I can find, and proceed to clean it in the living room - Im quiet and meticulous, and do my very best not to upset the evenings entertainment - works most times

Did I fit your system in 1998 Rob ?

Afraid not CH, wished you had. We could have watched a nice Russian concert afterwards and had a few Gzhelka's (vodka), you would have enjoyed that !
I fitted a fixed dish a year ago as a birthday present for my dear wife so she could watch some Russian t.v.
Got interested and fitted a motorised system three months later, no one was more surprised than me that it actually worked.
So as you can see I'm still very new to all this. ;)