Russian TV

iceburn

Reaction score
oh no matter if I put a huge 10 metre dish I doubt I would get it since where the dish is located it is block by the roof of my house :-). Also the advantage of getting it is now lost since STS has been remove! so typical. There is a russian channel on a west sat (the one with Sailing channel in english), it is the feed for this it seem http://www.rusmirtv.com/eng/films.php

It come in black and white here (cause it is in NTSC) But to be frank it does not look interesting.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Does anyone know why Russian channel Perviy kanal Vsem, (ORT or First Channel) is off air. (Sirius 5 east)
We think it has been off air for three days now.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Try a rescan, a number of transponders have been adjusted on this position this week

Ukranian TV is also on the move to Amos 2 before end of the month, ICTV has already moved over.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Thanks CH I'll try that as soon as I can get the wife to stop watching the TV.

Are all six Ukranian channels moving to Amos ? :mad:

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a variety of lnb's (5), dishes (2), diseqc motors (3) and receivers (4).
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
Hi
Amos 2 at 4 west, Russian TV.
10726H,3750,3/4, KRT
10762H,21750,3/4, Kiev STB
10806H,27500,3/4, Moscow Open
Nice strong signal in east anglia
Regards AF

iceburn

Reaction score
so typical I just got sirius and now it looks like I have to find Amos 1/2 and probably knowing my luck being in Swansea I will need a 2metre dish or something.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Be interesting to see how many Russian channels Amos will end up showing.
At the moment they show 252 digitai channels (www.satcodx9.com/3560/uke/) but about half seem centred on Israel, not central Europe.
AF can pick it up with a 85 cm dish not far from me, but I have a problem with a tree in the way so it looks like you will have more chance in Swansea than I will, still that's life. :mad:

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The Ukranian transponder on Amos 2 can be received without difficulty on a 90cm in West UK, and I would assume this can be reduced still further to an 80cm, looking at the signal

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
CH is that all six of the Ukrainian channels moving from Sirius to Amos ?

Might have to chop that bloody tree down, timber ! ;)

iceburn

Reaction score
just tired it whilst counting the money for POL and can only get 80% and looking at Amos footprint
http://www.spacecom.co.il/amos/amosI.html
it look like Swansea is just off it :-( so if I want those channels I will have to dump the Trax 88cm dish and get a bigger one, and get planning permission and stuff :-(

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
I would not take to much notice of the Amos footprint, treat it as a rough guide only.
I think you would be better off listening to CH.
Is that 80 per cent signal quality ?
So don't dump your dish just yet.

iceburn

Reaction score
welll how the decoder work is as you get closer to the dish the % of blue goes up, and than when it locks on it turns yellow. But does not need to get 100% to get a picture. For example on NILESAT it only hovers on 61% but I could get quite good picture until last week where it is now breaking up during night and during the day nothing :-(. But that is a bit to be expected. Oh question at the moment I got an LNB 0.6, what is the difference with the LNB 0.3. Also I hope your family was not effected directly with the recent terrorist attacks in Russia :-(

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I have no idea how many of the Ukranian channels will move over, obviously one already as gone a straight swap is not good news.

Rob, did your pervy channel return ?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Afraid not CH, will have to try again next week-end. Would not mind so much but I'm paying for that channel, as well as NTV Mir.
Still at least it's on Hotbird so not to bad.

I cannot say if a 0.3 LNB is that much better than a 0.6.
On my first set-up for the Russian channels on Sirius I used a 60cm mesh dish, 0.6 LNB .
But when I got motorised I got a 70cm solid dish, 0.3 LNB, and the signal quality doubled from 40% to 80%, so it must have helped.
I also put in an inline amplifier as well, but according to Rolfw they will not make any difference.
And thanks iceburn but thankfully no one directly affected with the terrorist attacks in the south of Russia, as nearly all of my wife's family live in Moscow.
Hope you also had no-one there.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Ive had no imporvement on a Cal Amp 0.5 when this was changed to the Invacom 0.3, on certain channels the BER went up slightly, with no real degradation of the picture.

A bigger dish if suitable should always be the first stop.

Nobody directly affected here either, though the news as it continues to come out is shock to the system for all that see it. Condolences to the families caught up in this.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Rob, did your pervy channel return ?[/QUOTE]

Afraid not CH still got NTV Mir out of my package but Perviy kanal Vsem seems to be playing hard to get. Have tried different PID's (11 & 8208) but nothing.
One bit of good news a new channel in the Ukrainian group called RADA.
Same freq etc as the rest, and it's a news channel seem's to be only on in the day-time, we will see.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
good to hear you can get ntv mir, im looking at a couple of transponder segments that have just started on 43w, could be interesting

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
You sound a bit surprised that I am still receiving NTV Mir so that does not fill me with to much hope of getting Perviy kanal Vsem back.
The new channel on Sirius called RADA seems to be a Ukrainian Parliament channel.
Hope you have more joy on 43 west.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
My only reason for mentioning NTV Mir was the apparent lack of official cards and receivers available outside Scandinavia. How are you receiving it ?

Ukranian TV is if little interest to my family as the wife is from central Russia, I however couldnt distinguish between the two.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
I got an official card in January last year, it was a special offer 140 pounds for two years (that was NTV Mir & Pervy kanal) keeps her indoors happy.
Got the card from an outfit in London who supply the Russian Embassy (so they say), as well as England and France.
Seems to be an off-shot of a German firm from Berlin.