Russian TV

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
@ Channel Hopper, Tried to get First Channel (Pervy Kanal) over the weekend and no joy. Got in touch with my supplier and they said that it had stopped broadcasting from Sirius. Still it's on Hotbird so no big deal.
If you or anyone else can still receive this channel please let me know, ta.

Still transmitting on 11843 H on Sirius, but requires a 1.1 m dish in S England

stivo

Reaction score
I get Perviy Kanal Vsemirnaya off Hotbird with no trouble at all. All the adverts are in Ukrainian but the programmes are in Russian and match the listings on channelonerussia.com. In my channel list it's called "GCNE".

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Rob said:
@ Channel Hopper, Tried to get First Channel (Pervy Kanal) over the weekend and no joy. Got in touch with my supplier and they said that it had stopped broadcasting from Sirius. Still it's on Hotbird so no big deal.
If you or anyone else can still receive this channel please let me know, ta.

Still transmitting on 11843 H on Sirius, but requires a 1.1 m dish in S England

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
1.1 metre dish that lets me out, I've only got a little one. :-ohmy

Still as I said it's on Hotbird so нет проблем.

taffy056

Arcade Bandit
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Only Sky + at the moment
My Location
Wales
Hi,

I am new to the forum, and I am after a bit of advice on receiving Russian channels. I am interested in NTV (or RTVi as it is called now) on Hotbird, but I would like to have ORT also, I notice on this thread it is mentioned that its on the same satellite, is this still current? And is it FTA? Also are there any other Russian channels on Hotbird?

Also, I have not bought a system as yet, I am thinking of a Dreambox DM 7000s, does this box take viaccess cards for the RTRi subscription? and as I am in Swansea also ;) what size dish would I need? And one final question, I have Sky+ and another Sky box running in the bedroom, would I be able to receive Hotbird and Astra on one dish with 2 LNBs and a mounting bracket to hold them both? <- This is important, because I can only have one dish on my house.

Thanks in advance,

taffy

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
RTVi is subscription only and Viaccess 2
ORT if I remember correctly transmits on Hotbird 6 along with RTR Planeta in the clear.

For the maximum number of Russian programmes though you should look at a dish that moves to receive signals from Sirius (Moscow Open World - classy films) and maybe Atlantic Bird at 12.5 W for the Russian Mir channel (Low symbol rate though)

taffy056

Arcade Bandit
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Only Sky + at the moment
My Location
Wales
Hi CH,

Thanks for that!

I am looking to add a DiSEqC setup at a future date, but at present I am only interested in the ones on Hotbird. But, if I do upgrade in the future what size dish would you recommend that I get now, wth a view of getting the channels from Sirius at a later date? Also is the dreambox a good choice?

Thanks

taffy

elgin eagle

Reaction score
Hotbird and Sirius are the birds you need to aim at Taffy. The wife watches Moscow Open World, TRK Ukrania, Inter, Enter, Perviy Kanal and 3 plus baltics from Sirius, and RTR and ORT on hotbird. I dunno if a twin LNB will stretch 8 degrees, but you'll need at least a 1m dish for 3 plus baltics and the lithianian/latvian channels. An 80cm should let you get the others. NTV went off the air for free to air viewers recently, its up to you if you get a subsciption or not, but Svet is happy enough with the other channels without ntv, ictv etc.

taffy056

Arcade Bandit
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Only Sky + at the moment
My Location
Wales
Thanks Elgin I am going to go for NTV anyway, I want it because its got a good kids channel in the package, but with RTR and ORT there as well it will be enough for now, at least it will keep my missus and daughter happy ;)

And i'll be happy playing with my new piece of kit (boys and his toys!), at least I will be when I decide what I am going to do.

taffy

iceburn

Reaction score
Taffy, in case you haven't done it yet, if you give me a buzz I can actually show you the channels you can get on both sat. Since I am also in Swansea and my wife is russian :-) But more importantly (assuming you are not doing it yourself) I can tell you of a company who can install it. Cause the first company we used was just plain useless esp for picking up the russian channels. But it might be a good idea to get the Sirus channels, cause they have many cartoons on during the day, tv series in afernoon, movies in the evening and music at night. ie like our ITV, BBC, etc. Also just down the road from my post office is other russian family as well, who have twin daugthers, which your daughter could talk to in russian.

gargleb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sammy DSR 9500VA
80cm Channelmaster mesh
My Location
Nottingham
Hi all, I, new to this list so please excuse any poor etiquette on my part.

I have a fixed setup on hotbird to receive the Russian channels for my wife. We've had the setup for about siz months, which includes and RTVi subscription. Apprt form the Kino channel my wife mainly watches the free to air ORT and Channel1.

I was wondering if my money would be better spent upgrading my kit to get the channels on Sirius rather than renewing my subs? So, I guess what I'm saying is are there any good channels for Russian films on Sirius?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The only channel that is likely to be new to your wife and available without subscription would be Moscow Open World. NTV Mir is just as stron in the UK but requires subscription, Im not sure where this can be obtained though

Ukranian channel presently on Sirius are expected to move over to Amos 2 however, and so this may also be of interest in the near future.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ &quot;patched&quot; receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
* Gargleb, as CH says on Sirius at the moment Moscow Open World, the Ukrainian channels which show some Russian films (If they don't all move to Amos 2) and NTV Mir which you must pay for I'm afraid (If you want I will pass details of supplier on to you).
Think you might be better off where you are on Hotbird, up to you.

PS. Ukrainian channel on Sirius "Enter Film" has Russian audio, as well as Ukrainian. You just change the Audio PID's. (At least that's what they say)
And as it say's it's a film channel and it's free. :)

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ &quot;patched&quot; receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Can anyone receive Enter & Enter Film from the Ukrainian Channels (On Sirius 5 east), cause I seem to have lost them.
Probably transferred to Amos 2 !
Another one bites the dust. O-no

psats

Reaction score
Rob said:
Can anyone receive Enter & Enter Film from the Ukrainian Channels (On Sirius 5 east), cause I seem to have lost them.
Probably transferred to Amos 2 !
Another one bites the dust. O-no
just looked there still active..inter+ / music / film / on 12073 / h /

:)

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Thanks psats, got them now. Didn't have them on the new frequency.

gargleb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sammy DSR 9500VA
80cm Channelmaster mesh
My Location
Nottingham
Rob said:
* Gargleb, as CH says on Sirius at the moment Moscow Open World, the Ukrainian channels which show some Russian films (If they don't all move to Amos 2) and NTV Mir which you must pay for I'm afraid (If you want I will pass details of supplier on to you).
Think you might be better off where you are on Hotbird, up to you.

PS. Ukrainian channel on Sirius "Enter Film" has Russian audio, as well as Ukrainian. You just change the Audio PID's. (At least that's what they say)
And as it say's it's a film channel and it's free. :)
Thanks for the info, Rob.

Any idea the cost of the subs for NTV Mir?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
The cost of subscriptions for NTV Mir on Sirius is £100 a year, not cheap for one channel but it is a pretty good one, certainly my wife's favorite.
Did try to send you a private message with more details but you are unable to receive them at the moment.
If you require anymore details let me know.

gargleb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sammy DSR 9500VA
80cm Channelmaster mesh
My Location
Nottingham
Rob said:
The cost of subscriptions for NTV Mir on Sirius is £100 a year, not cheap for one channel but it is a pretty good one, certainly my wife's favorite.
Did try to send you a private message with more details but you are unable to receive them at the moment.
If you require anymore details let me know.
Thanks for that, Rob. I've changed my setting so I can recive emails. I'd be greatfull if you'd forward me the info again.

elgin eagle

Reaction score
How easy is it to receive Amos 1or 2 in the uk? I have a 1 mtr motorised dish in Oxford, and could do with finding it as there are some other russian (ukranian) channels already on this satellite. Does anyone know the normal procedure for adding a satellite using the remote control, I tried today but couldn't get it to move to 4w.