Russian TV

micnata

Reaction score
Hi all
i'm a bit of a newbie to this board and to the uk!! I know that russian tv can be watched in the uk so i got my husband to buy me a satellite system for xmas, humax 8100 i think, with 1m dish and the rest of the kit to make it move!!

Problem is i cant find any russian channels!! i have figured out how to add satellites and channels etc but cant find what i want, does anyone know where these russian channels are located?
I currently receive hotbird, astra, thor, hiptesat (or something like that) and thats about it, have tried to find other satellites but it wont, either that or i'm doing something wrong, oh i have a matrix reloaded cam too and a funcard but will be purchasing viaccess card for ntv etc when i find it!!

hope to hear from you nice guys soon

natasha

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look at This Thread Natasha, there are a few clear channels listed.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Easiest channel to find would be ORT on Hotbird - in the clear on 11.938 Horizontal

Once you have found that RTR should also be found with a network search from the same satellite

Before you start looking at cards and subscription you should try to find the satellite at 5East (Sirius) and the transponder at 12380, which has Moscow Open World in the clear.

Come back if you need more help

micnata

Reaction score
Channel Hopper said:
Easiest channel to find would be ORT on Hotbird - in the clear on 11.938 Horizontal

Once you have found that RTR should also be found with a network search from the same satellite

Before you start looking at cards and subscription you should try to find the satellite at 5East (Sirius) and the transponder at 12380, which has Moscow Open World in the clear.

Come back if you need more help
I cant find sirius, think its something to do with the roof being in the way, can find astra and everything west of that, but i did find ort and rtr planet, thanks, also the rtv packages, would a funcard and matrix allow me to watch these?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
RTV is in Viaccess 2, so no with anything but official cards

Radio Melodia should be your next foray

And then try for the satellite channel SGU (on 36 East)
Freq 12701 V, 4340, 3/4

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
micnata said:
I cant find sirius, think its something to do with the roof being in the way, can find astra and everything west of that, but i did find ort and rtr planet, thanks, also the rtv packages, would a funcard and matrix allow me to watch these?

Privet Natasha,
I gather that you are Russian Natasha, so my wife who is also Russian welcomes you to the U.K.
There are many Russian channels available on Hotbird and Sirius most free to air. You already have some off of Hotbird, but as for Sirius if you have Thor at 1 West, Sirius is right next door at 5 East and you should be able to receive it.
Try the fta Ukrainian channels at 11.766 H, 27500, 3/4, there six channels like Novy Kanel, Enter Film, and TRK Ukraina.
Also on Sirius is ICTV at 12.633 V, 3720, 3/4, if you can get Astra and anything west you should be able to pick these up.
The NSAB package at 12.380 H, 27500, 3/4, has Moscow Free World fta, but the rest like NTV, and ORT , you will need to buy a card I'm afraid. At the moment ORT is fta on Hotbird, so the only one you would be paying for is NTV.
If you did want NTV you might be better off trying the NTV package on Hotbird where there are three NTV channels as well as two other Russian channels.
Best of luck, and hope that you enjoy your stay in the U.K.

micnata

Reaction score
Rob said:
Privet Natasha,
I gather that you are Russian Natasha, so my wife who is also Russian welcomes you to the U.K.
There are many Russian channels available on Hotbird and Sirius most free to air. You already have some off of Hotbird, but as for Sirius if you have Thor at 1 West, Sirius is right next door at 5 East and you should be able to receive it.
Try the fta Ukrainian channels at 11.766 H, 27500, 3/4, there six channels like Novy Kanel, Enter Film, and TRK Ukraina.
Also on Sirius is ICTV at 12.633 V, 3720, 3/4, if you can get Astra and anything west you should be able to pick these up.
The NSAB package at 12.380 H, 27500, 3/4, has Moscow Free World fta, but the rest like NTV, and ORT , you will need to buy a card I'm afraid. At the moment ORT is fta on Hotbird, so the only one you would be paying for is NTV.
If you did want NTV you might be better off trying the NTV package on Hotbird where there are three NTV channels as well as two other Russian channels.
Best of luck, and hope that you enjoy your stay in the U.K.
thanks for that rob, much appreciated, and yes i am russian, from ekaterinburg, but now in the northeast of uk!

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
micnata said:
thanks for that rob, much appreciated, and yes i am russian, from ekaterinburg, but now in the northeast of uk!

Privyet Natasha,
So you are from Ekateringburg, where the reds did away with the Czar and his family. There are quite a few people in England who would like to do the same to our Royal Family as well.
Anyway back to business, how are you getting on. Have you got Sirius yet ?
Have you got any other Russian channels ?
If you are still interested in NTV, let me know and I will send you some address's of firms who can supply the cards that you need.
Dasvidanaya
Rob

P.S. You might want to try this web site no advertising
They supplied my card for NTV. At the time as a special offer they charged £140 for two years (this was January) instead of one year.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The channels on Hotbird are collectively known as RTV. They are part of the original NTV group that split just on two years ago. NTV Mir still transmits on 5E.

iceburn

Reaction score
Rob, I see your link to that company you brought the NTV subscription for two years for the price of one was remove cause of advert. Can you by any chance email the company? Thinking of buying a subscripton for my wife new year present.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Is it NTV or RTV you need ?

NTV may not be possible in the UK nowadays

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
iceburn said:
Rob, I see your link to that company you brought the NTV subscription for two years for the price of one was remove cause of advert. Can you by any chance email the company? Thinking of buying a subscripton for my wife new year present.

Hi iceburn,
Tried to send you private message but was unable to send, are you able to receive private messages (you may need to reset your settings)
Rob

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Channel Hopper said:
Is it NTV or RTV you need ?

NTV may not be possible in the UK nowadays

I'm still getting NTV Mir off of Sirius, CH

iceburn

Reaction score
It should work not (hopefully) but just in case here is myh mail address **DELETED**

I would like to get it from Sirius but for the life of me do not understand. No one in Swansea can install a damn sat system.

iceburn

Reaction score
finally this morning got it all working :-) Now need to go through the whole list to remove all the junk to make more room

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
IF it goes off in the near future, there are glimpses of a channel on 12.5W by the name of Russian World, and failing that , a few channels have appeared lately on 53East

iceburn

Reaction score
So (obivously depenads on things like trees, building, etc being in the way. But with a 88cm Elipicital (if that is how you spell it) disc what sat should I be able to pick up? SO I know what to aim for now tonight. So far got Euorbird, Astra, hotbird, and Sirius (finally) :-). To Channel Hopper, aren't those two sat a bit too far to pick up from Swansea?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
iceburn said:
So (obivously depenads on things like trees, building, etc being in the way. But with a 88cm Elipicital (if that is how you spell it) disc what sat should I be able to pick up? SO I know what to aim for now tonight. So far got Euorbird, Astra, hotbird, and Sirius (finally) :-). To Channel Hopper, aren't those two sat a bit too far to pick up from Swansea?

Every satellite is a bit far from Swansea, but the reception would be down to the actual footprints, you should be OK as the beam is designed for Europe

iceburn

Reaction score
yeah today I just notice that probably the most"EAST I can get is Astra 2A-D since after that the disc go into weird arc and go into the roof -(. But going West it has open range :-) Nice if I could of get Express AIR on 40 degree East since that has three russian channels and supposely using kingofsat it is reachable in UK (one of the channels is my wife fave STS) Anyway my friends in London are planning on getting a system themselves now for the Arabic and Italian channels. They could quite easily get hotbird and Arabsat / Nilesat on a dual LNB feed?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Hi iceburn,
Think you might be unlucky with Express Air 40 east, as beam seems to be directed in the Moscow area and we are only on the fringe of the beam.
Some people can pick it up with a large dish (1.2 to 1.4 metre) in the centre of England, but with you being in Swansea I should think that you would need an even bigger dish, hope I'm wrong.
Let me know how you get on.