Jaffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung A300W with component output
Hotbird & Astra2
My Location
South East England
Allen1066 said:
Can it be done is the first question, and if so how ?
What other solution do people use for outputting from their PC to a normal TV that has an RGB Scart ?

Thanks,

Allen
Yes, you can buy a S-video to RGB convertor for £10 from Richersounds.

Jaffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung A300W with component output
Hotbird & Astra2
My Location
South East England

sangriaman

Reaction score
s*t*a*r*m*a*n said:
Hi :) its a 4 pin actually, i was just guessing but surprisingly it is only 4 pins. great picture no sound if connected directly into super video in on video recorder, im happy enough with my tv set up but im fed up giving up on problems like this without knowing why they do not work. surely the cable is carrying the audio signal too? what use would that be if it was not?
i have had this same problem before using my capture card on another pc. picture in to computer using usb connector but no sound.

I have the same configuration (only the ATI 9000) I conected the s-video (4 pins) to the rca converter. then i used a cable to the audio. i will try to explain it to you, so i apologise for the bad english: the cable has one connection in the place that connects to pc and to rca connectios in the other end. this way you get stereo sound in rca + the video rca that comes from the s-video. as the rca connectors of my tv are in the front panel, i used a scart plugin (3 euros) - 3 rca connectors in one end and 21 pins in the other. WORKS JUST FINE.

P.S. - If you don't want to lose the sound on the pc speakers use a plugin that turns the pc sound available in two connectors (one for connect to tv and one to the pc speakers).