Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SageTV
Sky Digital
Hauppauge PVR-500
My Location
UK
Hi all.

Been doing a lot of reading on the topic of the Dragon CAM, and I gather that in conjunction with version 3.21 of Predator and a valid S*y card it will currently decode the S*y channels to which you have access. (I also gather that S*y can close this loophole, but it's sufficient of a pain for them to do so that they haven't yet.)

S*y HD will use DVBS-2. There is now a PCI DVBS-2 card available which has a Common Interface:
_http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.knc1.com%2Fd%2Fprodukte%2Fdigital_dvb_s2_plus.htm&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&safe=off&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

So, anyone know whether there's a fighting chance of the Dragon CAM with Predator 3.21 working with the new HD channels, if I pay for access to them? Or will the launch of the new HD box be the perfect moment for them to tighten up the Dragon loophole?

(Frankly I'm beginning to think it would be a lot cheaper and easier just to get and use the S*y HD box; but I want my unified SageTV interface with picture albums, music, ripped DVDs etc available. And I like being able to add another HDD if I want more space. And I like being able to add other features in SageTV; using it as a gateway to games, VOIP, Instant Messaging, email, the internet, that sort of thing. A S*y box is just too limited.)

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
you might need a box for the keep-alives anyway :)

and there is plenty of time between now and then for firmware and Sky to change the ballpark ;)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I'd certainly retain the S*y box as the other method of obtaining channels is still just a hobby and as such likely to change or even disappear without warning.