S2emu FYI

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Just a note to all on my findings with the latest releases of this once-great .dll

Spent several painful hours playing and researching this yesterday and have come to the conclusions below. They are just my opinions. If you have evidence to the contrary, then I'd very much like to test YOUR findings. :D

Firstly, I should say that I can't test CABO ATM.

The last version of the program that I can find which still opens S2 D+ on 19.2E and S2 $ky Italia on 13E is the 'official' V1.1.2.

AFAIK, any version subsequent to that is not released by the original author, rather they are hacked or patched versions amounting to very poor quality code cobbled together by a noob. There are numerous 'V1.1.3' .dll's out there - each different, and all not working properly. Some versions are even reported as V1.1.4. I believe all these to be 'fake' even though many do what they say e.g. CABO fix or TP$ fix or Polsat fix. They might do those things, but they don't do much else! Many are very unstable. The total lack of version-control is a real givaway for me.

I believe that the lack of a 'proper' fix from the author indicates that this program is now dead (interms of development), and that we should move on with either CAPI or Emunation etc.

I'll be completing my research on this topic in the near future, and I'll post my findings here.

In the mean time, be careful if you try any of these 'fixes'. I have corrupt many program files in my testing. My advice is to take a backup of your WORKING viewer directory before you start.

The original S2 files from the V1.1.2 release and of course the latest mach1 s*ftcam file are still good-to-go.

STICK

davie

Reaction score
I am using S2-EMU v1.13.1 and all seems to be fine.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Well done Stick on your report, will save all the messing about with some crap out there.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
davie said:
I am using S2-EMU v1.13.1 and all seems to be fine.

As I say, there are many versions labelled 1.1.3.x etc. If you can point me to the exact version you're using, I'll gladly test it on my setup! :D

Been testing EmuNation 1.1 this morning, but all I've managed is a load of dumps and some FTA! Very flakey so far. I'll finish up my experimenting with different files and locations, but if it doesn't start behaving itself soon, it's going to file13.

davie

Reaction score
Stick,
This is it, hope I am allowed to put this here.

Nope, isn't I'm afraid. Admin

Old Geezer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox V8S & TM5200D PVR Systems
My Location
Deepest South Wales
HiYa Stick,
Looks like I've caused You a bit of grief in Your offer to checkout the softcams.
Apologies for that , so I thought the least I could do is add some input.
Like Davie , I,m using S2 1.13 (1.1.3.0 26/2/2005) and Capi V04 (V1.0.0.1 15/1/2005) both from a certain "Fun" site that does "files" (cryptic Eh!!)
The softcam I'm using is the JM2003 (26/3/2005) from the same site.
Whilst I'm not 100% sure that they are doing all they could , I find Capi likes S*y (max/16.9 and cinemas) and S2 seems to like MV/TPS and a few eXXtra.
I'm not motorised so spend most of the time on 13 , with a second dish for 19 , although i can only get 1 or 2 channels off 19.
Apologies again for causing You the problems , and everything was going so well with your Dreambox !!
Hope that's of help , but let Me know if there's anything I can help with (least I could do).
Cheers for the help so far.
Very Sorry Old Geezer (makes a change from Sad Old Geezer).

davie

Reaction score
Sorry about that Admin,
Here is where I got it,
h**p://www.sktstar.rs.ba/programi.html

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Thanks fellas. I've still not found a version of S2emu (or in fact any emu) that does both the Italian and Spanish S2 channels, TP$, Polsat and TV-CABO, although I can get them with a mix of emus. The skystar.rs site is down ATM, but I'll try that later.

The most stable program I've found so far is CAPI. That's some nice code.

Off to try some more versions... :)

farr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Windows XP Professional, Skystar 2, TM5200D+ Super, 1m motorised dish [62E-58W]
My Location
York, North Yorkshire
BGonaSTICK said:
Thanks fellas. I've still not found a version of S2emu (or in fact any emu) that does both the Italian and Spanish S2 channels

Just to remind you, you do know that the Spanish D+ package are changing systems soon? The C+ Deportes have already switched and the rest will have switched by the 4th of April to a (so far undecryptable) N*gr*2/S*ca 2 hybrid.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yeah, but even though Taqs are supposed to be gone, they're still banging in on my Dreambox :)

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, DM7000 80GB HD with Asus WL330 wifi + 2GB usb drive, Skystar2.3, 2.2m Kinhuge Dish with Inverto LNB and Invacom ADF-120 feedhorn. Pace 1.3.25 and 80cm for Sky.
My Location
Lot, Dordogne, Correze border.
Well, I can't get TPS or Mvis on progDVB with any emulator, been trying for a couple of weeks now (even with the A/M files). Maybe it's a funny with my set up (using a DBox - SCSI combo).
I'm all ears if anyone's got any ideas!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I've got a couple of versions that do TP$, but try and do some P*lsat on them as well, and BANG!

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, DM7000 80GB HD with Asus WL330 wifi + 2GB usb drive, Skystar2.3, 2.2m Kinhuge Dish with Inverto LNB and Invacom ADF-120 feedhorn. Pace 1.3.25 and 80cm for Sky.
My Location
Tried some P*lsat with CAPI 0.80, S1.13 amd S1.13(1) without any luck, tried latest Mach keys and the keys listed earlier. I assume you mean the CYF P*lsat, not the FTA stuff (though I tried that too). I even tried re-installing progDVB. I guess what I need is a clear direction, using a good known emulator and set of keys. I will activate my Email, so if anyone has any suggestions then please shoot one over.

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, I tried Capi V10, and BANG! Got Multiviz and TPeeS. I'm happy now, even though I missed today's footy!

abaoel

Reaction score
Low Profile said:
Well, I tried Capi V10, and BANG! Got Multiviz and TPeeS. I'm happy now, even though I missed today's footy!

Please, where can I download CAPI V10. Thanks

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
abaoel said:
Please, where can I download CAPI V10. Thanks

It's actually version 1.04.05

http://sattv.biz/upload/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=CAPi10_Cplus.zip

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Excellent! - that link doesn't work as posted, even though the URL is right, but it was posted on that site on 1st April so go get it now before it rolls off.

The k£ys.bin file is out of date for both Sly It and ABS@T, but I can confirm it does P*lsat too.

Fantastic. Thanks to LP for sharing.

CAPI is the most stable and high-quality of the current crop of emus anyway IMO.

STICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
As a follow up, can't get any Taqs (although they appear to be dissappearing ATM anyway with the big switch) but also can't get ABS@T (e.g. ABMOTEURS) with any k£ys.bin file I can find. Ripping the .bin file open reveals that there doesn't appear to be enough data compared to a s*ftcam file, but I might be wrong. Anybody get ABS@T or any Taq with this?

Anyone posess a s*ftcam to sammy .bin conversion routine?

STICK

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
The latest mach1 keys are opening most AB channels for me, ABmoteurs included, but it doesn't seem to open the Cine channels, then again I haven't checked or updated my cine channel parameters. (13e)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Got Mach1's keys.bin for today, and no ABmoteurs. Weird.

Sly cine 1,2,3 'went' today.

<<EDIT> I'm running both S2emu V1.1.3.1 and KrasnalTM V1.4.5 together ATM, and clearing everything, but still not a happy camper!

The key for ABmoteurs is in the keys.bin file I'm using, but KrasnalTM refuses to play ball.

I'm running MT V2.76. I guess most people are running ProgDVB so maybe that's it.

STICK