• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Samsung DVD Recorder

Post Meister
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
I'll post here - I don't think there's a forum sad enough for posts like this:eek:

I don't buy gizmos that often these days - since they almost invariably end up in the cellar collecting mould - but I couldn't resist this little beauty.

Its the Samsung HR-720 DVD Recorder+80GB HDD. Oh, i'ts the sweetest darn thing in the stack !! you can feel my excitement can't you.

The spec for this machine is a bit odd though. While the code is the same globally, the UK version has a different front panel and claims not to have a tuner? Mine has a tuner and little, tight buttons on the front.

It handles DivX, MP3, the usuals, you can upload your MP3 tracks to the HDD and have a kind of Media Server, blah, blah - and all for €222.000.

Samsung is definitely the new SONY for me - oh, how SONY are probably crapping themselves at these kind of prices. Very good build quality too.

Like a boy with a new toy - you'll all have to play outside on you own today - I'm staying in to play:D