chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Anyone here got a Samsung Smart TV ? I've just brought one but when trying to access the ITV Player on the smart menu I just receive a blank screen. Is this a common problem or am I doing something wrong ? The iplayer works fine so the internet connection is OK just ITV player with the blank screen.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I don't have one, Chris: But, spurred by your question, I had a search round and this seems to be a common issue - have a quick Google (Other Search Engines are available) and you'll get lots of disgruntled hits.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
i bought one myself yesterday working fine here, have you networked up ?.

edit

you have networked up sorry, no idea then, mines working fine,

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Yes networked up and iplayer working great. But blank screen on ITV.

I was also hoping to stream from my Galaxy S3 phone to my TV but the allshare icon dont seem to appear on most apps which is a shame.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
ive not tried the allshare function yet, and tbh thats the first time i have tried the itv player, but it was working fine when i checked,

do we have a section for this tv it would be good if not :-).

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
just a thought chris, do you have an aerial connected ? as i dont, if so unplug reboot and try ?.

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Got it working now thanks. I gave the samsung smart tv a different IP address and its now working. I don't have an aerial connected to the TV just the humax freesat receiver. Would like to connect an aerial to make use of the freeview channels but will need to install one in the loft at some point.

Also if you've got a samsung phone try installing the remote app which allows you to change channels and use the smart function from your mobile phone.search google play for smart remote.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
yes i used the remote app, a hour after setting tv up lol, have you looked into airplay app chris not tried it yet, but it should work.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I'm still getting used to my TV, but I have been having fun with the Allshare features on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Galaxy S3, aswell as having the Allshare software on my desktop... :)

Infact I'm watching something on my Tab via the TV, and I have the remote control app too, it's all very clever stuff... :lol:

Oh, and I've not gone anywhere near the ITV player app on the TV, I'm just not that desperate to watch repeats of repeats that are repeatedly repeated, especially the ones ITV runs... :lol:

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Not sure if this can be added to any samsung smart TV but looks a cool feature - Samsung Smart TV Gesture Control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4h22GkaMHM&feature=youtu.be

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
thats cool, i love things like this :-). when i stop messing around with other things i will be having a play,

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I think I'll stick to using a remote, sitting in a chair waving at the TV looks a bit weird from the perspective of someone watching... :-rofl2

Though it would be handy if they could set it up so that I can use my Galaxy Tab as a keyboard & mouse in order to use the interface on the TV more easily... O-Ha

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I use a Web Interface to control our Foxsat HDR from my Netbook sometimes - It annoys the hell out of SWMBO.

Must do it more.

Juan69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ariva, Samsung and Comag PVR 2 100CL
3 dishes, 80cm, 100cm, 140cm
My Location
Murcia - Costa Blanca.
SWMBO
Horace Rumpole !
Great.
Off topic, sorry. I couldn´´t resist.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Juan69 said:
Juan69, on 25 Feb 2013 - 10:56, said:
SWMBO
Horace Rumpole !
Actually it comes (AFAIK) from She, written by Sir Henry Rider Haggard. John Mortimer borrowed the term from there.

Juan69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ariva, Samsung and Comag PVR 2 100CL
3 dishes, 80cm, 100cm, 140cm
My Location
Murcia - Costa Blanca.
Excellent, thank you Paul.

keenite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA receiver
My Location
Berlin, GErmany
I have all the apps working except for Demand 5 and Crackle. I couldn't get the BBC iPlayer to work until recently, but now it is perking along nicely with ITV and BBC Sports.
Demand 5 loads, shows the available shows, plays 2 minutes of ads, but then does not connect to the chosen video. Crackle loads a frame with menu points on the left, but is otherwise blank.
I am running these apps via VPN, so the problem may lie therein.

GaryAndaluz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Free to View on sky box in Spain
My Location
Near Sotogrande /Gibraltar Spain
Anyone here got a Samsung Smart TV ? I've just brought one but when trying to access the ITV Player on the smart menu I just receive a blank screen. Is this a common problem or am I doing something wrong ? The iplayer works fine so the internet connection is OK just ITV player with the blank screen.

Hi there,

Sorry this is an old thread/problem but its driving me nuts.

I have the itv player blank screen syndrome on a F6500 Samsung Smart TV using overplay Smart DNS, works at first, lets you watch watched programs, then goes blank when you try and load a program.

You mentioned you gave your TV a new IP address, what exactly do you mean. I am using the IP addresses supplied by Overplay and have coded them into the router and every other thing works except ITV palyer.

Any help would be mucho appreciated.

Gary