Samsung TV with diseqc 1.2 tuner.

Tricky-Ricky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, UHD TV positioner + Sky + free-sat.
My Location
Norfolk
Just wondering if anyone else has one attached to a motorized dish, i set mine up last year to receive Hotbird 13e, Astra 19.2 and Astra 28.2 and until recently all seemed well.

Now it seems that its having trouble with some channels, so i reset/re tuned but still not good, did a check that its not gone out of alignment but seems OK, so stuck the meter on the LNB and manually checked, but the receiver seems to not be able to get a good signal, despite the dish seeming to be correctly aligned.

I know i am going to have to bite the bullet and go through the whole set up again, but i was just wondering if anyone else had any problems.

John Pykett

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dish setup: 80cm Motorized Dish, TM-5402 HD M3. This setup goes from 1w to 28.2e

My computer setup: AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.10 GHz processor and 8GB of ram. Graphics Card is NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti. OS: Windows 10 64 Bit
My Location
Hucknall, United Kingdom
are you sure the tv supports diseqc?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Can you please post the channel names, satellites, they're on, frequencies, and other details, that you're experiencing problems with.
Many channels change frequencies, PID's, and even disappear, to be replaced by others.

Tricky-Ricky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Norfolk
Can you please post the channel names, satellites, they're on, frequencies, and other details, that you're experiencing problems with.
Many channels change frequencies, PID's, and even disappear, to be replaced by others.

Actually now having problems finding satellites at all, gradually working through various things to check, was suspecting a miss alignment problem, but will have to double check everything, but thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
My model is Samsung UE 48H6470SS............now 18 months old from new.

DiSEqC 1.2 works fine and the only problem that occured a couple of times was intermittent reception as a result of a bad connection/fitting with the F connector on the 'ANT IN SATELLITE' on the TV......see pic attached.
Bit of a tight area really but not happened again since I 'lifted' and supported the coax from beneath to take a little pressure off the angle of the connection.

Perhaps try attaching the coax to a normal sat receiver to see if the same events occur or you might be able to reinstall or update the actual TV software.

Good luck with this topic. respect-048.gif

ss48.JPG

Tricky-Ricky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Norfolk
Well i have just put a meter on the LNB/positioner inputs/outputs and was worried initially as one was at the correct voltage of around 18v and the other was only 0.7v but after going through a few bands it seems to have come up to around 12v which is a bit low but it should work, will have to re check at the dish, but its only had a quick dish realign so i suspect that is still out as well.

John Pykett

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dish setup: 80cm Motorized Dish, TM-5402 HD M3. This setup goes from 1w to 28.2e

My computer setup: AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.10 GHz processor and 8GB of ram. Graphics Card is NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti. OS: Windows 10 64 Bit
My Location
Hucknall, United Kingdom
Well i have just put a meter on the LNB/positioner inputs/outputs and was worried initially as one was at the correct voltage of around 18v and the other was only 0.7v but after going through a few bands it seems to have come up to around 12v which is a bit low but it should work, will have to re check at the dish, but its only had a quick dish realign so i suspect that is still out as well.
whats the satellite the motorized dish is aiming at and whats the quality on it?

Tricky-Ricky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Norfolk
Sorry been very busy with other things, will have to have a concerted effort and get this dam dish realigned, anyway i have three satellites tuned in (sort of) 13E Hotbird, 19.2E Astra 1KR etc, and 28.2E Astra 2E etc.

Signal on the meter is strong but TV reports low signal, and on tuning the TV is only getting limited channels.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The make/model of motor outside might identify if there are compatibility , or reliability issues, or if the design requires resetting every now and then to keep things in check.

Has the TV undergone any firmware updates since you last looked ?

John Pykett

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Hucknall, United Kingdom
Sorry been very busy with other things, will have to have a concerted effort and get this dam dish realigned, anyway i have three satellites tuned in (sort of) 13E Hotbird, 19.2E Astra 1KR etc, and 28.2E Astra 2E etc.

Signal on the meter is strong but TV reports low signal, and on tuning the TV is only getting limited channels.
i suggest you try to reinstall the dish like start over and see if signal improve