SamY 65 on Motorhome

garyelliott

Reaction score
I have a problem:

Please try to help with the current problem. We have not used the SamY for some time and now when we switch on the Satellite Dish raises to a fully upright position then stops WITHOUT starting to seek for satellites. The control panel on/off red light stays flashing and the dish will not move even when the manual buttons or alternative satellite buttons are pressed. In fact the only way to lower the dish is to turn off the 12V then turn it back on again! All cables are correctly connected and the analogue receiver show the channel numbers on the TV as well as the menu etc.

Any help would really be appreciated as we have fitted the new sky minibox and would really like to use it with the SamY system on our holiday to France next week!

I await any comments/help.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Afraid that I haven't had any experience of the auto-seeking model Gary, looked at another member's manual search system a short while back though.

Unfortunately, it sounds like the unit may need reprogramming.

garyelliott

Reaction score
Rolfe,

Are there any satellite dealers that could reprogram/fix it near Watford Hertfordshire?

Gary

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry Gary, I hadn't heard of the unit until Peter posted in the other thread, they only seem to be on imported vehicles as satellite on motorhomes is not as common here as it is in perhaps Germany.

garyelliott

Reaction score
Ok, thank anyway.

You don't think is likely to be mechanical then?

It worked fine last time we used it.

Gary

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
It could be mechanical, when you switch it on you should perhaps listen for attempted activity at the dish. If you power down when the dish is raised and then power up again, can you then move it manually?

garyelliott

Reaction score
No I cannot move it once it is in the raised position. It used to start turning and lifting as it searched for the satellite but now it just raises and stops. I am suspisious about the on/off light on the SAT-Finder box flashing as I am sure it used to stop once the dish was raised.

gary

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Perhaps there is something in the dish mechanism, preventing it form locking up fully, may be worth probing this.

karenhowkins

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
samy 65 satellite syatem
My Location
wrexham
Hi, i have just joined the forum and read your problem! I have just purchased a second hand samy 65 system and had a similar problem to yours! I contacted conrad anderson who supply them and said that ours would need to be re-programmed. The closest place was Birmingham who do this. Also, can i ask if you still have your manual for yours, and if so, do you know where i could pick one up.
Many Thanks
Karen