My Satellite Setup
DM 500s
Gemini
Release 0470
CCcam 214
My Location
North Wales
Hi all,

As I'm new to all this, please excuse my naivety on the subject.

I have a 60cm dish with an Alps .7db u/v Lnb pointing at Astra 19.2.
The cable (75hms) is on a 50+ metres run to the receiver and has an 'F' connector about 10 metres from the Lnb. The picture received on the analogue receiver is perfect.

However, I've got Sky digital and have tried to test the old cable to see if it is suitable for digital. So far, the Sky box has picked up the signal (40%) but will not lock on.

Do I need new cable?
Will a line amp. equal. do?
Dish might be out of alignment?

Many thanks

Sab

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hello Sab,

You don't say where you are, but if you are in the UK, the 60 cm dish with 60 metre cable run should be ok, the join is a bit of a no no, but not the end of the world. You don't mention what the quality reading is, you won't get a signal lock, as it needs the unique ident' given out by the 28.2 satellite. The alignment is quite important, what is good for analogue is not allways good for digital, the line amplifier will probably be overkill, they only tend to amplify the noise on a digital signal.

Try doing a channel search on one of the 19.2 transponders
12.051 Vertical 27500 Symbols 3/4 FEC if you can pull these in then you should be OK with Sky digital.

Rolf