Sat Dish Reciever Problem/lnb?

laurieb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra 2 , acer comp
goldstar intersat
My Location
Torrivieja/spain
I recently had 1.4 dish installed with Goldstar intersat DigiBox, I can recieve BBC 1 ,ITV(Anglia)etc between the hours of 9am - 9pm ,then it dissapears, After inspecting dish ,I find it to be 1.4 height x 1.25 wide. Spanish tv man suggested tuning dish ,so it is 1.22 h x 1.4 wide, as signal is picked up widthways, is this correct ? would an LNB upgrade make much difference ,as it is a basic LNB. Thanks for any info,and your time in replying,Laurie

laurieb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra 2 , acer comp
goldstar intersat
My Location
Torrivieja/spain
I recently had 1.4 dish installed with Goldstar intersat DigiBox, I can recieve BBC 1 ,ITV(Anglia)etc between the hours of 9am - 9pm ,then it dissapears, After inspecting dish ,I find it to be 1.4 height x 1.25 wide. Spanish tv man suggested tuning dish ,so it is 1.22 h x 1.4 wide, as signal is picked up widthways, is this correct ? would an LNB upgrade make much difference ,as it is a basic LNB. Thanks for any info,and your time in replying,Laurie

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Changing the orientation of the dish in the way suggested would not improve matters.

Being slightly taller than wide means it presents a roughly circular projection to the incoming signal and is the most efficient shape.

Dishes that are wider than they are tall are used for strong signal, slightly wider than normal, circumstances like 28.2/28.5E within the main 2D footprint.

Has you Spanish TV guy been on the Cava again?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Changing the orientation of the dish in the way suggested would not improve matters.

Being slightly taller than wide means it presents a roughly circular projection to the incoming signal and is the most efficient shape.

Dishes that are wider than they are tall are used for strong signal, slightly wider than normal, circumstances like 28.2/28.5E within the main 2D footprint.

Has you Spanish TV guy been on the Cava again?

laurieb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra 2 , acer comp
goldstar intersat
My Location
Torrivieja/spain
Thanks, Gordon, sorry I dont understand all the technical jargon, but I gather ,I need a larger dish. A different LND would not bring in better performance?, Laurie

laurieb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra 2 , acer comp
goldstar intersat
My Location
Torrivieja/spain
Thanks, Gordon, sorry I dont understand all the technical jargon, but I gather ,I need a larger dish. A different LND would not bring in better performance?, Laurie

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Right-ho, let's cut to the bottom line: Spanish TV guy talking out of sombrero! :eek:

As regards the best dish size and LNB for your location, I'd be inclined to wait for one of our Spanish expat cogoscenti (Of whom there are many Members here) as it would be wrong for me to generalise: Fringe reception is best dealt with by locals as even a few tens of kilometres can make a big difference to the requirements :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Right-ho, let's cut to the bottom line: Spanish TV guy talking out of sombrero! :eek:

As regards the best dish size and LNB for your location, I'd be inclined to wait for one of our Spanish expat cogoscenti (Of whom there are many Members here) as it would be wrong for me to generalise: Fringe reception is best dealt with by locals as even a few tens of kilometres can make a big difference to the requirements :)

laurieb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra 2 , acer comp
goldstar intersat
My Location
Torrivieja/spain
O.K Tivu Ill wait and see what info comes back, Cheers

laurieb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra 2 , acer comp
goldstar intersat
My Location
Torrivieja/spain

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
laurieb said:

Ok. There are probably more appropriate sub-forums than this one where you'll more likely get a qualified answer. I'll ask Admin to move it :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
laurieb said:

Ok. There are probably more appropriate sub-forums than this one where you'll more likely get a qualified answer. I'll ask Admin to move it :)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Moved to fringe reception forum as requested

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member