sat dish

iceburn

Reaction score
Sorry I should of put this message with the LNB message but I currently got a 80cm dish in a weird shape (a Trax or soemthing) which make it like a 90cm or 1 metre dish (can't remember now.) I am now thinking to upgrade it to a 1.1m dish do any of you have any suggestion so I can order for when my friend boyfriend come down to install it :-)

NB: next item on my list to buy is a dreambox they look good.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
iceburn said:
Sorry I should of put this message with the LNB message but I currently got a 80cm dish in a weird shape (a Trax or soemthing) which make it like a 90cm or 1 metre dish (can't remember now.) I am now thinking to upgrade it to a 1.1m dish do any of you have any suggestion so I can order for when my friend boyfriend come down to install it :-)

NB: next item on my list to buy is a dreambox they look good.

What sats are you looking to pull in. You might not need another dish. Just put the extra money to the receiver and get a 7000 or 7020. Your choice but a lot of us here have 7000 and 56XX. I think i will wait another while to upgrade mine. I could get shut of mine tomorrow but its doing what I want and happy at the moment with it.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
iceburn said:
I am now thinking to upgrade it to a 1.1m dish do any of you have any suggestion so I can order for when my friend boyfriend come down to install it :-)

You will need Planning permission for a dish bigger than 90cm in most parts of the UK.

....Something to bare in mind!

iceburn

Reaction score
Nilesat and as many Russian channels as possible. At the moment get Sirius, Astra, and hotbird and couple other channels. The one a few of you saying that Russian come on do not get cause of my stupid roof ;-(. Last year Nilesat came on during the summer months but wonder if I change the LNB + dish might get it more often at a better quallity. Likewise on the Sirius sat. Oh and Amos,

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
iceburn said:
Nilesat and as many Russian channels as possible. At the moment get Sirius, Astra, and hotbird and couple other channels. The one a few of you saying that Russian come on do not get cause of my stupid roof ;-(. Last year Nilesat came on during the summer months but wonder if I change the LNB + dish might get it more often at a better quallity. Likewise on the Sirius sat. Oh and Amos,

Yes you probally need a bigger dish for Amos, Did not look up the footprint for it. i cant get amos with a 1mt here in Dublin. but as Gameboy says Planning regulations. If someone complains you will have to get rid of it.