Sat-Internet...

homerjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Spiderbox 9000HD, Super DARK MOTOR, 80cm Dish, SKY+ HD, HTPC w/7MC
My Location
Chorley, Lancs
I had a play with casablanca from sat@once last night...

not too impressed (but it is free i suppose)

ya have to request sites and it seems to download the whole damn internet to ya pc.

Pretty damn quick though at 3500kbps...

Has anyone tried any form of satellite internet?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Did before I got DSL, but always found that they ended up oversubscribed and normal surfing was no faster.

Rod Hulls Aerial

The Lord Lucan Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Star 2 - Motorised
Errr.. thats it.
My Location
The cold and foggy Yorkshire coast..
I've toyed with the idea, the fast downloads are a plus but it's limited to something like 1 Gigs worth of downloads a month, thats only 1.3 DIVX movies in real terms !!
I would like to know if there's an unlimited provider out there..

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not that I know of, unless you use the Europeonline file fetch and queuing system.

homerjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Chorley, Lancs
so nothing worth while then...ah bugger

cheers anyway

homerjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Chorley, Lancs
filegrabber, streamreader, skynet, liveInet???

can anybody spread a little light on the subject...

everything i can find is in some untranslatable language....

cheers

nobann

Reaction score
filegrabber works well with shownet on 7° 11919H.
those programs, simulate mac address I think. so U got whole stuff downloaded by all people, they contain filters so U can get only .exe .mov or whatever u like.
I have small experience with file grabber and I got my hd full of mature content movies and pics...

homerjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Chorley, Lancs
cheers nobann

ive got filegrabber working (sort of) on astra 19e but is terribly slow...

all ive mananged to get is a about 10 images over about 2 hours using T-DSL VPN 1 stream...

anyone else had a bash?

boot_sectorz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky X2, Beausat 2004 FTA Plus, Echostar LT-730, twinhan Vision Plus DVB Card. 90cm Nokia Dish, 1.8m Also Manhattan 9650 Analogue
My Location
Earth......... I hope!
Hi,
I hear planetsky.com do offer unlimited download services. I have not tried them I'm still fighting to get my mac-address. Does anyone know how I can get it? I'm using sky model XX (SkyXX).
It does not show me them mac-address so I can connect using it.
Please help

ag10

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-
My Location
-
Can anyone tell me where I can download filegrabber (I have done some searches but can't find anything other than file graber (one :cool: on the ProgDVB site which I downloaded but can't get it to do anything. HELP!!
Point me in the right direction someone please - where do I get it, and what do I do with it!
Thanks guys.
Al

Ghost_inside2003

Reaction score
boot_sectorz said:
Hi,
I hear planetsky.com do offer unlimited download services. I have not tried them I'm still fighting to get my mac-address. Does anyone know how I can get it? I'm using sky model XX (SkyXX).
Please help

All network cards come with a mac address from the factory, your satellite card is a network card, so technically speaking you don't need a mac address because you already have one.

Some card manufacturers release an utility that can change this address, but it is not good idea to mess around with it unless you know what you are doing.

Try to the following to find out our mac address:

Go to Start/Programs/Utilities/Command prompt, this will bring a dos window. Type in ipconfig /all which will display information about all network adapters installed in the machine including modems which we do not want MAC addresses for. Ethernet MAC addresses start with 00 or 08. On Windows NT/2000/XP find the section titled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection on Windows 95/98/ME the section is just called Ethernet Adapter, this may be look slightly different from the examples given below, then look for an entry called Physical Address. This is your MAC address.

Ghost_inside2003

Reaction score
ag10 said:
Can anyone tell me where I can download filegrabber (I have done some searches but can't find anything other than file graber (one :cool: on the ProgDVB site which I downloaded but can't get it to do anything. HELP!!
Point me in the right direction someone please - where do I get it, and what do I do with it!
Thanks guys.
Al

I hope I am not doing something that could offend people here, but I found the following information in another site from someone called CropA:

HERES A PLAIN ENGLISH GUIDE TO USING FILEGRABBER:

On the channels list on the left of ProgDvb you will see channels that are in the shape of rectangles in Green and Red. Select the channel, these are data channels and then go to the Toolbar > Service > Data PID Scanner.
You will then be able to scan for PIDs on the channel you have selected. If there is any available you can copy the PIDs by using the copy button.

Then open Toolbar > Service > File Grabber and hit the New button and paste the PIDs which will be on your clipboard.

Choose the Options button to set your file output directories and the size you would like to designate to your downloads.

The Filter button will enable you define which files you would like to receive.

When you are set to scan, hit the Start button and watch the downloads appear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You need to download Filegrabber and pidscanner, uncompress them and place this files in ProgDVB folder, sub-folder Modules.

Good luck.

boot_sectorz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky X2, Beausat 2004 FTA Plus, Echostar LT-730, twinhan Vision Plus DVB Card. 90cm Nokia Dish, 1.8m Also Manhattan 9650 Analogue
My Location
Earth......... I hope!
boot_sectorz said:
Hi,
Please help
silly me no wonder I never got any replies. I have been writing on sky X here and I got carried away. I wanted to get the mac-address for my VisionPlus card as I lost the original data software and opening the CPU was not an option at that time. Finally opened and got the mac add.
Thanx for reading this post though! Later

ag10

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-
My Location
-
Ghost_inside2003 said:
I hope I am not doing something that could offend people here, but I found the following information in another site from someone called CropA:

HERES A PLAIN ENGLISH GUIDE TO USING FILEGRABBER:

On the channels list on the left of ProgDvb you will see channels that are in the shape of rectangles in Green and Red. Select the channel, these are data channels and then go to the Toolbar > Service > Data PID Scanner.
You will then be able to scan for PIDs on the channel you have selected. If there is any available you can copy the PIDs by using the copy button.

Then open Toolbar > Service > File Grabber and hit the New button and paste the PIDs which will be on your clipboard.

Choose the Options button to set your file output directories and the size you would like to designate to your downloads.

The Filter button will enable you define which files you would like to receive.

When you are set to scan, hit the Start button and watch the downloads appear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You need to download Filegrabber and pidscanner, uncompress them and place this files in ProgDVB folder, sub-folder Modules.

Good luck.

THANK YOU! Just what I needed! I don't mind experimenting, but I was getting nowhere. Now I've got something to work on.
Thanks again, I appreciate it.
Al

boot_sectorz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Earth......... I hope!
This Filegrabber sounds interesting to me too. I will work on it and see what it brings to me.
Thanks for the guide m8!