sat meteres

handyman 44

My Satellite Setup
sky digibox also technomate tm 1000 ci
motorised 80 cm dish
My Location
norwich "up the city" down the ipswich
is there a sat meter on the market that works i have a wolsey i used it on sky and astra 19 with out much luck . i still end up with the potable tv on the roof to do the job properly.what do sky installers use and other sat installers .or do they use a portable as well many thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Should be no problem with the Wolsey meter, if it is the one I think, it is very similar to the one the Sky installers use, used to use a similar one myself. I use an Emitor Satlook NIT, or my Unaohm Spectrum analyser, but the more basic meters are still very helpful and save a lot of time.

handyman 44

My Satellite Setup
motorised 80 cm dish
My Location
it do not seem very sensitive when fine tuning

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What is the model and have you got a picture? You normally use the Bit Error reading to fine tune.

handyman 44

My Satellite Setup
motorised 80 cm dish
My Location
yes its a wolsey sat 2 meter sorry have not got picture its yellow

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If it has two buttons, then the bottom one will give you a quality reading, this is what you fine tune with.