SAT System for Hotel or Apartment Building

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks topper, strange how people seem unable to read the rules :), four posts and all advertizing his business, apart from being against the rules, it is also exceptionally bad manners, so now banned.

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Multiswithches and cascade systems are available from www.cpc.co.uk, www.teldis.com, www.jwhardy.co.uk. Depending on the building, many different configurations are possible, you have to choose the most suitable one.

Multisatellite diseqc multiswitches exist, if you want that.

Teldis have a sort-of tutorial.

There's also stuff (pdf format) at www.dtg.org.uk.

Note, very important, if you install multiswitch, it must be properly earthed in accordance with CENLEC defs and IEE wiring regulations, if this omitted then you've made an illegal electrical installation, it's dangerous, and you could be prosecuted.

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Here's the very best stuff I can find about multiswitches, but only if your computer will load it, as it's a 12MB pdf document! So you'll need a wideband internet connection, otherwise it would take ages .....

Goto main Spaun website, www.spaun.de , select "news", then just download their entire products catalogue.

The SMATV (multiswitch) applications section starts page 151, showing many configurations, for most conceivable building layouts (page 151 shows a compact multiswitch, page 152 a cascade system, then just keep on going!). While the diagrams don't tell everything you need to know, they do give some idea of what's possible). Then, go to page 39 for technical data. Hope that's some help.