Sat to PC

paul.sm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax iCord HD HP Computer with Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz with 4.00 GB RAM
My Location
Switzerland
Can somebody advise me, how to connect my Humax iCord HD with the computer, preferably via LAN. I would like to be able to transfer contents of the hard disc of iCord into hard disk connected to PC.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum paul.sm

Ok well what does the manual say? if it is possible I am sure it will tell you.
Does the icord have ethernet connectors? does it have USB?
Are you not able to remove the hard drive and slave it to your PC?

paul.sm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax iCord HD HP Computer with Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz with 4.00 GB RAM
My Location
Switzerland
My Humax iCord has both, USB and LAN. In the manual, the LAN is refered only as a "Etherne port for Future use". As for the USB, manual has to say: Connects to the USB memory or external HDD. That is all what is in the manual. As a matter of fact, the recorder has so many really usefull features, which are described in the manual in such a way, that it makes you only guessing and trying.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Sounds like the USB is the option to use however once the external HDD is connected I would assume there is a menu function to allow the copying of files from one HD to the other, but am only guessing as I have never even seen a Humax iCord

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
If it's anything like my Foxsat HDR then you can copy files from the intenal hard disc out through the USB port. Note that anything connected to the USB port has to be formatted in FAT or FAT32 - NTFS is not supported. This means that you're basically limited to pen drives and the like.

It IS possible to format multi Gigabyte hard drives in FAT32 but not using Windows XP. You should then be able to use the hard disc in an external drive enclosure.

The other thing is that my HDR is limited to copying only non high definition programmes. Yours may be the same. I suspect that it may be possible to copy these files if you physically remove the disc and use it an external drive enclosure. You will then need a program that understands the Linux formatted disc.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
PaulR said:
It IS possible to format multi Gigabyte hard drives in FAT32 but not using Windows XP.

As long as it is 30 (32 to be exact) GB or less there should be no problem.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I was thinking more of some serious storage capacity as 32 GB is only 16 hours of SD recording and considerably less in HD.

A 160GB hard drive is cheap and offers more for your money than a pen drive - although admittedly not as convenient to carry around!