My Satellite Setup
Skystar 2 PCI card;
Dreambox 7020S
2x Eagle Linux Boxes
Moteck motorised setup with 88cm dish.
Multi LNB bracket
My Location
Ireland
my current system (DM7020S/gemini) uses cs - but I have been using satankeybundle as a backup as cs doesnt always work flawlessly. I've been updating manually and this has been fine for premíere but not practical for digítal +.

So, I installed the two satankeyupdater files under var/tuxbox/plugins and chmod'ed them to 755.
Rebooted machine, switched to mgcamd - then selected 'satankey' via the blue button/plugins. Then I hit the first problem - it attempts to create the directorys var/keys and var/scce - which already exist. However, it seems to carry on with the process of downloading keys(does this mean the fact that these two directories already exist is not a problem??).
Then I get this at the end:
'installing keys...
tar: short header
key-update finished'

Anyone know where i'm going wrong here??

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
If you open the satan .sh file in Notepad there should be a few lines like these:

Code:
if [ ! -e /var/keys ]; then
echo "creating folder keys..."
mkdir /var/keys
fi

which means if the folder exists it will ignore it but if you see the "creating folder keys..." message then it doesn't exist.

Can you see the keys afterwards? You could try editing the file to use /usr/keys/

I can't test on mine as it's currently a bit ill.

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
I also had a bug in my satan script, coming from Mary, somehow the .gz file was being unzipped in /var/var/keys, so one /var too many.
solved this by changing the tar command from '-O /var' to '-O /' so check if you can find a /var/var directory : if you do, you'll need to change the script as I did.
don't worry about the existing files, they will be replaced by the new files from the .gz file

borderfox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar 2 PCI card;
Dreambox 7020S
2x Eagle Linux Boxes
Multi LNB bracket
My Location
Ireland
Cheers folks. Will check this out this evening when i get home and report back here.

<EDIT> Just checked the .sh file. This is what it contains:

#!/bin/sh
clear
echo "creating folders..."
mkdir /var/keys
mkdir /var/scce
echo "downloading keys..."
wget http://keyupdater.ascofun.cc/satan.tar.gz -O /tmp/satan.tar.gz
echo "installing keys..."
tar -xzf /tmp/satan.tar.gz -C /var/
echo "key-update finished."
sleep 2
exit 0

I've fiddled around with those filepaths but doesnt seem to be fixing the problem. Can anyone see any glaring errors?

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
I see "tar -xzf /tmp/satan.tar.gz -C /var/"
that's the line I needed to change. Have you checked to see if you have a /var/var/keys and /var/var/scce directory ? If you do, you need to alter the script as I have done : "tar -xzf /tmp/satan.tar.gz -C /"
this will put the key-files into their proper directories /var/keys and /var/scce

borderfox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar 2 PCI card;
Dreambox 7020S
2x Eagle Linux Boxes
Multi LNB bracket
My Location
Ireland
JTA said:
I see "tar -xzf /tmp/satan.tar.gz -C /var/"
that's the line I needed to change. Have you checked to see if you have a /var/var/keys and /var/var/scce directory ? If you do, you need to alter the script as I have done : "tar -xzf /tmp/satan.tar.gz -C /"
this will put the key-files into their proper directories /var/keys and /var/scce
I've checked and I don't have /var/var. However, when I click on 'var' - then 'keys' - the filepath then displays as /usr/keys & /usr/scce. I tried substituting these in but it didnt seem to help?