SatcoDX approval

richardp

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Just a quickie, can you explain what SatcoDX approval is as I can't find anything about it on the sites recommened,I'm thinking of buying a receiver that does not support this feature,"is it a major disadvantage"?
Richard.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
SATCODX approval refers to a standard developed that simplifies the updating of your reciever with new channels. ( Tele satellite International)

With this future you can download the new file from the SatcoDX database and update from your PC.

However many of the new recievers have software availible that can also provide simlar options.

What receiver are you looking to purchase ?

we can then try to help further

regards

Old Satellite

richardp

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Hi.
The receiver i'm looking at is a EURO-9900 V+CI, it's only got around 1000 channels but would you say that enough for a first timer just to view whats left of Seca and Via,no radio.(seems a lot to me)
P.S. Is there any download to gain extra channels for this unit taking into account it does not support SatcoDX. Perhaps you could give me your opinion of this unit if you've come across it before.
Richie.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
A 1000 channels is very low by current standards the Hotbird group at 13 east as an example will unleash around 650 channels then with Astra at 19.2 east you have already passed the limit.

It very much depends upon you expectation, as a starter machine the Eurostar with Viaccess as standard provide resonable results.

If you just wish to recieve the channels that you highlight then it should be fine , you will only need to rescan the transponders perhaps every few weeks anyway. So you will not need the PC editor facillity.

I believe there is however software for the Eurostar recievers by Setedit.

If you have a little extra money then it would be potentially wiser to purchase a reciever with a larger channel memory that way protecting your future receiving options.

Regards

Old Satellite

richardp

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Thanks.
Your opinions will be taken into consideration when I make a purchase.
Richie.