satcodx upload to receiver

Rayen

Reaction score
hello,
this is an old question but anyway,
i have dowloaded the sdx file fom satco site.
how can i update my reciever with the channels?? irdtools does not seem to work. anybody managed to update his receiver??
keep cool
ray

nhfs49

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Starsat,Strong, Onyx, Omax, Astrasat, Condor, Starcom, Astrovox, JTAG.
Laptop,Desktop.
My Location
Lebanon
Dear, once you downloaded SDX file, there is two way to update your channels' list.The first is to scan the new TP, the second is to get a Bin file for channels ( channels' file ).The Channels' file is uploaded to receiver by the loader by the same way for the patch.

Rayen

Reaction score
nhfs49 said:
Dear, once you downloaded SDX file, there is two way to update your channels' list.The first is to scan the new TP, the second is to get a Bin file for channels ( channels' file ).The Channels' file is uploaded to receiver by the loader by the same way for the patch.

Hello,
I think maybe i wasnt very clear with my question. Let me try again: I download the SDX file from Internet to MY PC! Now,
1) how to I upload to my receiver !?!?! with what program?
2) The SDX does it contain the TP list or Channel file or BOTH?
3) if i need the (channels file, bin) where can i get that?

ps. i have a starsat 550d super.
sorry for the confusion.
Ray

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
It's highly likely that your receiver won't be able to use the .sdx format. Not many do.
Other formats are available on the site (.dvb, .txt etc.)

Llew

Rayen

Reaction score
Llew said:
It's highly likely that your receiver won't be able to use the .sdx format. Not many do.
Other formats are available on the site (.dvb, .txt etc.)

Llew

Llew,
Satcodx compatible is written on the receiver :rolleyes:

keep cool
Ray

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
OK Ray, have you got the Satcodx software? There's a program with it to upload your sdx list to your receiver.

Llew

nhfs49

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Laptop,Desktop.
My Location
Lebanon
Dear Ray, from your satcodx program ( if you have one ) check the desired sats, press on "show selected satellites" button. wait a little in order to load all frequencies.Press on File,save as "*.sdx".then use you patch loader and update it to receiver.

Rayen

Reaction score
nhfs49 said:
Dear Ray, from your satcodx program ( if you have one ) check the desired sats, press on "show selected satellites" button. wait a little in order to load all frequencies.Press on File,save as "*.sdx".then use you patch loader and update it to receiver.

Llew,
yes, the program is called IRDtools, but when i upload to my receiver, it only updates the Trasporters. I am not sure, is this correct?? I thought that SDX files has the channels as well. correct?

nhfs49,
"...use you patch loader and update it to receiver...", this is my first question. Which loader to use and how to update to receiver !

keep well,
ray

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
If it's updating the transponders, then of course the channels on those transponders will be updated too. The sdx channel list is usually fairly up-to-date if you're taking them from the Satcodx site.
Don't know Irdtools, but if it's working with your receiver then you shouldn't have any problem.

Llew

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
When I upload Satcodx settings to my Coship I always have to do a new channel search on all transponders.The motor degr. settings are lost as well.

Rayen

Reaction score
Llew said:
If it's updating the transponders, then of course the channels on those transponders will be updated too. The sdx channel list is usually fairly up-to-date if you're taking them from the Satcodx site.
Don't know Irdtools, but if it's working with your receiver then you shouldn't have any problem.

Llew

Llew,
thanks,
After i upload the new sdx, i always have to search again for channels. Can this be avoided?

Ray

Dr.Roamtic

Reaction score
will it work with dreambox. some of my channels don't appear under it's provider but under UNKNOWN. how can i have them as they appear with Satcodx

nhfs49

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Laptop,Desktop.
My Location
Lebanon
Dear Dr.Romantic, if your receiver is compatible with Satcodx (check your manuel) it will work.You can upload it by file/program receiver.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rayen said:
Llew,
thanks,
After i upload the new sdx, i always have to search again for channels. Can this be avoided?

Ray

Appears that the receiver might have a problem with the sdx format. Sorry, i'm not familiar with your receiver, so can't offer any solution.

Llew

kebabinho

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500S
80cm dish
.2db lnb
Gemini 3.5
CCcam1.71
Sky netgear wireless router
zoom gameport ethernet adapter
satankeybundle + autoupdater
My Location
UK
is there not an uploader program built into satcodx that is accessable from the first menu screen. i use software loader 1.9 but i think it is for interstar premium models only.

in satcodx is there a way of creating a list of specific channels? i.e not using the filters but either dragging and dropping channels or deleting from the global list the ones you dont want?
if not is there another program i can use? (i checked the wrong button when applying the new firmware and wiped my channel list)

Rayen

Reaction score
Llew said:
Appears that the receiver might have a problem with the sdx format. Sorry, i'm not familiar with your receiver, so can't offer any solution.

Llew

thanks anyway.