Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Just tried to log on to Satdudez and saw this message:

We have come to the end of an era.
Satdudez is dead - I will return with a new forum soon.
The new forum will have a new name, no more Satdudez.
Info on the new forum will be distributed through our moderators
on the various sat related forums in due time.

:KinkDink:

Seems they had a problem with sponsers from what i read.Hope they are back soon as it was a great website.

Lee

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Would be interesting to learn what caused the shutdown but I guess that we probably never will. Suffice to say, Kink will be back with another forum, though not under the old Satdudez name.

lawnmower man

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Northern Ireland
Astratech were complaining that they had to pay the full cost for the bandwidth and weren't getting any help from the other sponsors.

It all came about when a new sponsor had a banner posted yesterday which Astratech thought they had got for free.

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
I notice that Astratech are now sponsoring Toecutters site.Feel sorry for both parties as Satdudez was a great place and Astratech are a great satellite shop.Lets hope they will be back on the new forum when it arrives.

Lee

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I feel sad for Kink dink that the he has felt it necessary to close the forum, he has been one of the leaders in the satellite scene and I think is almost unanimously respected among the hobbyists

I don't however feel particularly sorry for Astratech, they must have found the connection profitable, otherwise they wouldn't have made the immediate jump over to Toecutters.

I must confess that the rule on 'Dudez that you couldn't mention another supplier, even if Astrarech didn't sell the product was starting to niggle me a little. Many a thread would start off "Where's the best place to get a ........." and the answers would flood in " Use Astratech, you should use them for all of your Satellite needs", I don't know about you, but sponsors are exactly that, there should not be duress applied for you to use their services.

I can understand that you don't want to allow direct advertising on a sponsored forum, but to deny even the mention of another company name, in my opinion is taking things too far.

@ Lawnmower Man, is that information more than just forum whispers,it would be interesting to know the full story?

lawnmower man

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Northern Ireland
I was on Satdudez yesterday when Astratech posted their concern about the new sponsor which was Wyzcom satellite suppliers and intallers from Northern Ireland.

I saw the posts from Astratech who were voicing their concern over the cost of the bandwidth and that the new sponsor's banner had been posted that morning. There was a suggestion that Wyzcom had got their banner for free.

Wyzcom replied to the post that they didn't realise that Astratech were footing the whole bill for cost of the bandwidth and were quite shocked at that senario.

Wyzcom and Kink stated in a later post that Wyzcom had paid for the banner however and it was NOT free.

I suppose it was competition for Astratech and I understand they were not happy with that.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks for that LM, probably one of those things that could have perhaps been better dealt with off forum.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Well let's hope the new incarnation (a) allows members to register with whatever email address they please and (:cool: stays up for more than five bleedin' minutes...

2old