Satelite Set Up in other Countries

spinnerdave

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox, pansat
My Location
canada
Ok, here goes....

I'm in Canada eh, going to Greece eh, and want to set up a dish there eh.

That's enough of the Canadian stuff, eh!

Anyways, here it's relatively simple to get DN - Echostar, point dish, load a bin, scan, enter key codes and your going. I have pansat, viewsat and just got DM 500.

I'm assuming I can pick up sat's servicing the UK from Greece, or others, and the bins and key code process is similar to what we have here.

It would be sincerely appreciated if someone can give me guidance on equipment requirements and instructions or tips, even links to access detail;ed instructions would be fine.

Thanks!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The signals destined for the UK are either encrypted or require a big dish if trying to receive from Greece, but there is plenty of other stuff out there aimed at the European market but with English language audio available.

As you have a Dreambox, I would suggest looking in the Dreambox section, there is an idiots guide in there covering most aspects of setting up the box and hundreds of threads regarding emulators and updaters.

spinnerdave

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox, pansat
My Location
canada
Thanks for help!