Satellite Broadband..HELP!

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
Channel Master 1.8m with CM Feedhorn AZ/EL Mount. MTI AP82-TW 0.6dB LNB. Thomson Sky HD Decoder
System2..
Internet TV... Sweden's Telia Broadband service.
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
:confused

Firstly, I must mention I know nothing about this subject and I require a little help to get started.
I live in a remote area just outside town (Southern Sweden), and do not have the possibility to get broadband through a line connection. Someone told me I can get broadband through my sat dish. I have been viewing the Broadsat website for info, but remain confused about hardware I need. Some say I need a modem, some say I only need a card...mmm!?
Secondly I am fond of a certain particular type of music and I wanted to use Kazaa to download (This is the only reason why I require broadband...but please note I only wish to download certain tracks I have problems getting hold of...I am not one of those who will download a hundred albums per day!). For this, do I need a 1 way or 2 way directional service, and will Broadsat be good enough or can you recommend another provider?
Again, my brain cant get going on this subject, please help!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
All you need with most of the satellite ISPs is a Skystar 2 card and a standard ISP account for the outgoing connection. Not sure how well it works with Kazaa though.