satellite broardband

handyman 44

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digibox also technomate tm 1000 ci
motorised 80 cm dish
My Location
norwich "up the city" down the ipswich
hi i want to get rid of one of one of my phone lines im on dial up at the moment . but for reasons i cant talk about i can not have land line broard band . i watched the gadget show a couple of weeks ago and they tested severall diferent types of broardband but most were unreliable and exspensive . do any one know of a sat broardband provider that is as cheap as the land line ones .it do not need to be mega fast as im use to dial up at the moment. i have sky digital and also technomate tm 1000ci with 60 cm dish not sure if im in the right section or if there is a right section for this subject .many thanks

Maurice1

Reaction score
My Location
DUblin
Isn't Sat BBand very expensive without a landline -

Option1: you request the page through your landline and the page then goes up to the satellite and comes back down through your LNB.

Option2: If you dont have a landline you have to send a signal up to the satellite and they process it and send the page back to you. This form of 2 way satellite is possible but to the best of my knowledge it is VERY expensive.

Casablanca is free and another option where they pick the most commonly requested pages every month and they send a constant update of these 1000's of pages to your PC Sat-card and then you can choose which ones you want to read. I dont think satellites.co.uk is on their menu!

The Germans seem to have providers at a reasonable price try gooogling them
Good Luck,
MAurice