satellite configuration? help!

radioscanner

Reaction score
Hi,
Houston we have a problem!

When I goto the satellite diseqc configuration page I cant choose any other satellites other than the ones already in use, ie 13e, 19e, 30w
I am using diseqc opt AB. I have 2 fixed dishes 19e & 13e & a motorized dish
which I use for diferent birds, but now I cant add any new satellites on the config page!
its the same problem in Gemini, Hydra & Revolutions.

Please help!

John.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are you trying to run a switch and motor on the same feed John?

giver

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
radioscanner said:
Hi,
Houston we have a problem!

When I goto the satellite diseqc configuration page I cant choose any other satellites other than the ones already in use, ie 13e, 19e, 30w
I am using diseqc opt AB. I have 2 fixed dishes 19e & 13e & a motorized dish
which I use for diferent birds, but now I cant add any new satellites on the config page!
its the same problem in Gemini, Hydra & Revolutions.

Please help!

John.
Your satellitexml file do not have nay other sats,looks like.
When you load settings,you also load the satellitesxml file that contain the sat pre-loaded.
This file is highly linked to the channels list,so is kind of a problem to change it and still having the chanels to refer to it.
As a starting point,you could use autosatxml plugin,which will let you download all sats from websites,like lyngsat.
Once you get all the sats in the list,you'll have to scan all the sats again,making a new channel list.
Then you edit if necesary with dreamboxedit.

radioscanner

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Are you trying to run a switch and motor on the same feed John?

yes I am. on diseqc AA is the motorized dish, the diseqc dosnt know its a motorized dish, cos its fixed when I choose the sat.

Tar.
John.

radioscanner

Reaction score
giver said:
Your satellitexml file do not have nay other sats,looks like.
When you load settings,you also load the satellitesxml file that contain the sat pre-loaded.
This file is highly linked to the channels list,so is kind of a problem to change it and still having the chanels to refer to it.
As a starting point,you could use autosatxml plugin,which will let you download all sats from websites,like lyngsat.
Once you get all the sats in the list,you'll have to scan all the sats again,making a new channel list.
Then you edit if necesary with dreamboxedit.

Thanks for the info!
I just booted with the default image and all sats are there!

I supose there must be a satellitesxml file for each image? ie Hydra or Gemini etc

I will have a tinker, maybe copy the satellitesxml file into each image.

I tried the autosatxml from lygsat but it dosnt work?

Thanks
John.

giver

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
radioscanner said:
Thanks for the info!
I just booted with the default image and all sats are there!

I supose there must be a satellitesxml file for each image? ie Hydra or Gemini etc

I will have a tinker, maybe copy the satellitesxml file into each image.

I tried the autosatxml from lygsat but it dosnt work?

Thanks
John.
Keep a copy of the satellitexml file from the original image,you can always insert this file by ftp to overwrite the ones in the other imges you load.
The important thing is,you have to have this file in the image in order to scan,as I said before,this file is linked to the channel list.
If you try to insert this file into an image that already have a channel list loaded,the result is no channels found and some other weird behaviour.