Satellite Dish - What To Get?

Ferguson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently none.
My Location
Sheffield, UK
I hope to recieve English Premiership football and Champions league football, as well as the common channels Sky provides in the UK. I have cancelled a Sky subscription as I believe most of the channels I view can be acccessed Free to Air. I have been informed that ASTRA 2D holds channels such as BBC, ITV, and soon Channel 4, also I was informed that Eutelsat Hotbird hosts Premiership Football on ART. I believe ART doesnt have the Premiership rights for next season, so I would be grateful if somone could suggest a system which allows me to access Premiership football as well as the following:

ASTRA 1 – 19.2° east
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

ASTRA 1C
ASTRA 1E
ASTRA 1F
ASTRA 1G
ASTRA 1H
ASTRA 1KR
ASTRA 2C

ASTRA 2 – 28.2° east
ASTRA 2A
ASTRA 2B
ASTRA 2D

Thanks!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Dont know about the football side of things but I can assure you that only the FTA channels can be viewed on 28.2 East. SKy is totally secure and even the FTV channels require a Sky digibox to view them. Which channels did you think you could get FTA on 28.2 East???

Ferguson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently none.
My Location
Sheffield, UK
I am in the process of adding a new bedroom, I would need to wire the room up for terrestrial television, and all I can recieve via terrestrial in this area of Sheffield are the basic 4 channels, ITV, BBC1, BBC2 and Channel 4. I figure I might as well wire up a satellite dish instead of a terrestrial antenna, this would allow me to recieve most of the channels I could get already on terrestrial as well as more FTA channels. Seeing as I am now set on wiring satellite I would also like to be able to recieve the satellite which broadcasts Premiership football, without paying a Sky subscription. The current Premiership rights are with Sky and ART, but I know ART dont have the rights for next seasons Premiership so I would need to find out which channel does and then decide whether I can recieve that particular satellite without a dish larger than 1M.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
digitalb on eutelsat w2 16east shows premiership football and a card to view the sports channels are not expensive around 150 pound for 12mths

GREGO147

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NILESAT.
1 meter dish, Ranger f1c1-7000 receiver.
My Location
CYPRUS
Hi Guys,
Iam currently viewing the 'showtime package' on nilesat. My current receiver is unable to format the 'EPG' which is supplied by showtime, when i press my 'EPG' all i get is scrambled computer language ! This only happens on the 'Showtime subscription packages' i have no problems with my 'FTA' channels -ie MBC1, 2, ACTION Etc. Can anyone suggest what receiver i should be upgrading to as iam being quoted silly money by my 'showtime' dealer here in Cyprus. I have been looking at the TechnomateTM 1500ci.
Please help.
Grego147

DO NOT HIJACK OTHER PEOPLES THREADS - START YOUR OWN

GREGO147

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NILESAT.
1 meter dish, Ranger f1c1-7000 receiver.
My Location
CYPRUS
My Apologies.