Box-»SrarTrack
World in Box(S170EC)
Soft-»(STM_A6690)
Sat's-»13.0E,26.0E,95.0E,105.5E
My Location
_Ξ-Middle East-Ξ_ -»Oman
Quoted from a Old thread:

http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=294
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not sure if i am posting in the right sections, however, this info i have found from 2001, and is applicable even today. If some one could throw light to any modifications / updates, it would be great.

with full respect to 2old :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Videocrypt is dead and buried - the final channel using it in Europe closed down about 3 years ago. So scratch that one off the list. :D

Note that with the latest hacks, it is now possible to reprogram a few specific receivers/modules in such a way that they can effectively decrypt multiple systems. For example, a Humax5400 with a suitably patched embedded Irdeto CAM and the right kind of hobby smartcard can decrypt not only Irdeto but also Viaccess and Mediaguard - without the need to buy separate modules. Similarly (with a few restrictions) the early series of Irdeto CI CAMs can be reprogrammed to do that too. And then there are the various PC-based emulators that can emulate one or more encyption systems using something called a Season interface to the card slot of your receiver.

hopelessly out of date now. The development of the "super cams" in the last couple of years (dragon / t-rex etc) has changed this aspect greatly. They handle multiple encryptions easily and allow direct entry of keys using your remote control without season interfaces and the like..

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have removed the quote from the original thread, as it is so out of date that it could mislead members, bear in mind that many people do not read the whole thread, or even the whole post, they simply cherry pick information and take it as current.

ViReN

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Box-»SrarTrack
World in Box(S170EC)
Soft-»(STM_A6690)
Sat's-»13.0E,26.0E,95.0E,105.5E
My Location
_Ξ-Middle East-Ξ_ -»Oman
Sorry, I didnt realize this.

Will keep a note of this in future :)