Satellite equipment, what will I need?

mccann

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5200D USB Super
My Location
Netherlands
Hi,

I’m truly a beginner in this game but I’d appreciate anybody’s help and advice.

Currently I’m subscribed to a cable provider and find that they’re pricy and crap to be honest. I have a dish with a single LNB on our balcony which works great for TV in our bedroom. I’m currently picking up only the FTA English channels.
I’ll shortly be subscribing to a satellite service (Canal Digitaal in the Netherlands) to replace the cable subscription where the provider mentions that I’ll need a Duo LNB to receive all the channels relating to their package I’m interested in. The satellites mentioned on their website are Astra 19.2 and 23.5.
I also want to be able to have the FTA English channels which I believe are on Astra 28.2. How can I do this? Should I have a triple LNB? The other thing is that I’m currently doing up various areas in my house and I want to have the TV broadcasting these channels in the living room, attic and bedroom. So basically I’ll need 3 receivers (right?). How can I get the required channels from the satellites mentioned above into the 3 areas in the house. I have been reading about multi switches, receivers etc etc but it’s left me a little confused as there’s a lot out there.

Again some advice would be great.

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi, welcome to satellites.

I'd never heard of a duo LNB before, but I have now.:-rofl2

The duo is specifically designed for 19E and 23.5E by the looks of it.

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...ome-high-qulity-ses-astra-duo-lnb-videos.html

The problem is if you wanted Astra 28E as well for the English channels you could run into problems with the switching.

You could achieve what you wanted for example with a multfeed bracket with Alps narrow feedhorn LNBs and a 4 way diseqc switch.

To run 3 receivers the LNBs would also have to be quads.

So a possible equipment list would be:-

3 quad alps narrow feedhorn LNBs
3 4x1 Diseqc1.0 switches
1 x 80cm dish (Triax for example)
1 x Triax multi feed bracket.

Robbo:)

EDIT Rolf posted at the same time as me. The Technisat looks like a good solution, the only question is if they do quad output versions of it to run more than one receiver?

Although if you were willing to compromise, you could just use one receiver and feed to the other TVs using analogue UHF.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

mccann

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5200D USB Super
My Location
Netherlands
Thank you all for your help. The fog is starting to clear. I'm sizing up the costs involved now.