Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
When my Ofcom email came I wondered what this was and finally the government have agreed that the UK (i.e. the UK taxpayers) should no longer foot the bill for setting up satellite registration, around the globe there are literally thousands of filings we have financed but soon to be no more, now they will have to be paid for by the applicant and about time, however the horse has to a large extent bolted

A satellite filing provides international recognition of satellite networks/systems under the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) Radio Regulations and Ofcom carries out satellite filing work as the UK notifying administration under the Radio Regulations.

We currently perform our satellite filing work at no charge to the organisations, often satellite operators, that request that work. Recognising that the cost of satellite filings work is currently covered by public money, and wishing to amend this anomaly, the Government initiated legislation to give us new powers in 2017 (under section 28A of the Communications Act 2003) to recover the costs of our satellite filing work from the organisations that request that work.

Full report