Satellite finder.

S

stvn758

My Satellite Setup
Multisat & Sky+
My Location
Surrey
Just a quick question which I probably already know the answer to but I wanted to contribute so I thought I would start a thread.

Have one of those little square box metres with the needle.. so I connect the coax coming from the LNB into one end and then get that other length of coax I keep laying around for emergencies - as you do, and connect that to the receiver?

What idiot thought that up - I was kind of hoping you could screw the metre into the LNB socket and then run the cable back to the receiver.

This will be fun. :-doh2

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can't see a problem, you have a 1m length of cable from LNB to Meter, then your complete length of cable (which will eventually be connected direct to LN:cool:, one end connected to meter, the other to the receiver.

S

stvn758

My Satellite Setup
Multisat & Sky+
My Location
Surrey
I don't have any spare though, unless there is some from the LNB to the motor, then the main one to the receiver - is that what you mean?

Too dark to check at the moment.

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you have a motor, then just take it out of line and connect the meter.