Satellite installer for Lyon France

issy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
18ocm sky dish and digi box
My Location
rome italy
We are moving to Lyon France in December and are looking for an English speaking reliable installer of Satellite dishes so we can get UK T.V. We are leaning French but won't be up to standard by December / January !
Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Thanks, Issy

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
You could use this site as a starting point :

_http://lyon.angloinfo.com/

Either use the directory listings to find an installer or ask for one on the forum (sorry, don't know of anyone personally in that department)

Are you just looking for English language TV? It's not a difficult DIY job and we'd give advice and support on here if you ran into problems.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I'm not able to offer my services but will it be rented property that you're moving into? If so, do you have permission from the landlord?

Also is it a house or one of the multi-story block of flats that abound in Lyon? This could make installation easy or difficult depending on various aspects.

issy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rome italy
Thanks Paul and Sonnetpete for your reply. Not too sure about DIY (not sure my marriage could take it !!) We will be in rented accommodation til we find a house. We will be renting eventually so fingers crossed we find a landlord who is easy going on the satellite question . I am probably a bit early even thinking about it just yet.Have a good weekend.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Looking at your 'My System' details, are you listing a '180cm Sky dish'? If that's right, it's overkill for Lyon and you may have landlord problems trying to find a 'subtle' spot for a large dish.

issy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rome italy
Actually we are now in Austria with an 85 cm dish. I forgot to pdate my details. The 180 cm is long gone. Hopefully an 80 - 85 cm dish is big enough for Lyon ?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Should be.

There are some changes to coverage in the offing as new Satellites come into service, but nobody knows for sure how that will affect those outside the UK.

Enjoy it while you can !