Satellite installers

berlioz

Reaction score
I am looking for someone in local to set up my receiver (I live in London, Balham SW12).

I have managed to mount the dish and the diseq motor and to connect it to my technomate 5500 CI and even to find individual satellites.

The problem is that I cannot setup the receiver properly, so it can memorise the satellite locations and channels. The dish is on my balcony, next to the living room, where the receiver and TV are.

It should not be too hard for someone with experience and equipment to set it up.

If anyone is interested (Channel Hopper maybe) or others, please send me a quote on berlioz52001@yahoo.co.uk. Ideally, I would like it done ASAP, ie. Sunday, 12/09/04.

Berlioz

glarus

Reaction score
berlioz said:
I am looking for someone in local to set up my receiver (I live in London, Balham SW12).

I have managed to mount the dish and the diseq motor and to connect it to my technomate 5500 CI and even to find individual satellites.

The problem is that I cannot setup the receiver properly, so it can memorise the satellite locations and channels. The dish is on my balcony, next to the living room, where the receiver and TV are.

It should not be too hard for someone with experience and equipment to set it up.

If anyone is interested (Channel Hopper maybe) or others, please send me a quote on berlioz52001@yahoo.co.uk. Ideally, I would like it done ASAP, ie. Sunday, 12/09/04.

Berlioz
Try at least 100 times before calling an installer. I put my dish and got Astra but because didnt know how to use the receiver I called 'a pro' who even didnt have a compass and was looking for south with a sky mini dish and beeper. Charged me #75...timewasters

loftyj

Reaction score
For London you will need to point your dish south, find Thor on your reciver and enter 11247V, 24500, FEC 7/8. Move your dish to look for the sat. this setting should give you a picture on a FTA channel lock your dish,and then set up other sat's as per instruction book.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Sorry Ive been in Holland this week

Unsure as to why the supplier of the original dish is not able to fix the receiver to it . Is this a replacement item, or a new install from scratch ?

Has it all panned out OK in my absence ?

berlioz

Reaction score
Channel Hopper said:
Sorry Ive been in Holland this week

Unsure as to why the supplier of the original dish is not able to fix the receiver to it . Is this a replacement item, or a new install from scratch ?

Has it all panned out OK in my absence ?
It is not resolved yet.

With a help of a friend (self proclaimed expert), I have put the dish up, but cannot find the 1W satellite and hence not able to set it up properly.

If you are interested, please email me with a quote or alternatively please suggest the installer or a course of action.

Regards

Berlioz

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
if you have put it up then you should persevere with your own for a short while yet

nobody is likely to be able to quote blind - if they do it will be over just to cover all possibilities - you should give more information about the outdoor equipment and accessories

photos in this case would be invaluable

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK
If you don't have a signal meter, then consider buying one. Lidl had them on offer for £5 a few weeks back and many of the people that bought them are now selling them on ebay for about £10.:rolleyes:

It makes finding satellites so much easier and will be worth every penny. Plus you can probably sell it on ebay at a profit when you've finished with it.

You just turn the sensitivity knob to maximum, then move the dish until it starts squealing, then decrease the sensitivity and fine tune the positioning.

Phil.