Satellite installers

Rob T

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Does anyone have any recommendations of reputable Satellite installers for the South London/Surrey area ? I'm a newbie in all of this, although I done lots of reading up on this and other sites. I am looking at having a motorised system set up.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Of Course

What do you want from the system , how many languages do you speak and do you wish the programmes to go to more than 1 TV in the house ?

Rob T

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Rob T said:
Does anyone have any recommendations of reputable Satellite installers for the South London/Surrey area ? I'm a newbie in all of this, although I done lots of reading up on this and other sites. I am looking at having a motorised system set up.
I want the system for watching, films,doc's, music, kid progs etc, mostly English language with the odd Greek channels as my wife speaks Greek.

I want to get a quad output LNB so I can add other receivers at a later date to other rooms in the house, I understand only one receiver can move the motor, the other receivers acting as slaves. Was also recommended to go for a 36V positoner set up, with a 1M dish, so was thinking of getting a Technomate DAPCI or a Echostar 3600, ( not sure about the benefit of the analogue facility of theses receivers now though ? ) Finally I would like to use one of the Magic/Joker Cam for the encrypted channels.

Was thinking about a well know installer/supplier near me ( don't want to name names ! ) but was warned off by another well know installer from the other side of the country ( they do not install in my area so are not a competitor ) So am a bit concerned now about the installers and any advice they might give !

Rob

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
PM me with what you would like to know about local installers (within about 10 miles of your location).

Greek is mainly in the clear on Hotbird for the general everyday entertaiment and so the card and CAM can wait until you have settled down with using the system

A 36V is the better way to go as outdoor equipment is longer established, heavier duty type motors are better than the last generation of small actuators.

The installer is the key to getting running as you would like and keep it that wasy, but the four wire system you prefer is going to cost about 40% more than a DiSEqC system

Rob T

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I've heard of two Satellite installers organisations. CAI ( Confederation of Aerial Industries Ltd ) and APSI ( the Association of Professional Satellite Installers ) does anyone know whether these organisations hold any clout and is it worthwhile sticking with their members for installations as opposed to unknown installers who arn't members ?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
You will certainly get the larger type of company in the list, but quite often they are part of a franchise (same as the biggys in Yellow Pages) and may not have reliable units in each of the areas they specify

Dont forget some of the very earliest campanies dealing with motorised systems are now going for over 20 years on name alone, they do not need to advertise among the rest to get business.

Its a bit of a gamble without a local recommendation

newbie123

Reaction score
Did you manage to find a local installer in south london, i live in the same area and am getting a motorised dish, was going to use a cai registered installer but would rather spend the £200 its gonna cost on someone personally reccommended to me. help!

kaon stb

Reaction score
sheba satellite ltd proffitional installers good price
Rob T said: