Satellite output on technomate.

WillWW888

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate, Satellite with 2 LNB's Can get Hotbird and Astra
Hi,
I have a technomate 2000d reciever. And looking at the back, I see an output aswell as the input for the satellite cable. Does this mean that I can connect another satellite cable from the output of this box into the input of another box and have the same (sort of) setup as if I had a satellite with a twin output LNB and 2 boxes?
Thanks.

Will.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes it is to connect another box, but you will be limited to channels on the same band and polarity as the first receiver, so not as useful as a twin LNB. :)

WillWW888

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Thank you for your reply rolfw, your help on these forums is very much appreciated :). Right.. I think I understand. So if I connect another reciever to the output of the first one, I will only be able to watch the (very limited?) channels that the first box is watching (the channels which are using the same frequency)?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, not quite that restricted, but those in the same band and polarity, so say the first receiver was watching a channel on 12.3Ghz Horizontal, the LNB would be in high band Horizontal mode, so you could watch any channel above 11.6/7Ghz Horizontal on the second receiver.

WillWW888

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ah right, I understand. Thanks for your help. But what are those Satellite cable splitters used for then? Does it mean that if I connect one of those 'F' splitters from the LNB to the input of the splitter, will I be able to connect 2 recievers to the outputs of the splitter, without any channel restrictions?

P.S. Sorry i'm not using the correct technical lingo. Just can't think at the moment ;D.