Satellite PCI Card Reciever - Suggestions?

Ferguson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently none.
My Location
Sheffield, UK
I have a Wave Frontier T90 (90CM Dish) with 6 LNB's directed at various satellites. I plan to connect the dish to a computer, and I believe a PCI card is the best way to go for this. I found a few PCI cards, one of the best being a Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-S-Plus. I don't believe I can use the 6 LNB's with this card however as the PCI card supports DiSEqC 1.0 and the minimum I require is DiSEqC 1.2. Also I would like to be able to expand in future, have the capability to add a viewing card as I know ART offers a viewing card for Premiership football. Could anyone suggest a PCI satellite viewing card which supports DiSEqC 1.2 or higher and also has the capability to add a viewing card?

Thanks!

:-worship

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Moved this to a better section Ferguson. :)

Not really too well up on PCI cards these days, but can tell you that the Technisat cards can use a plugin to drive a dish, so an 8 way switch should be no problem.

Ferguson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently none.
My Location
Sheffield, UK
Thanks. I did have a look at the TechniSat SkyStar cards but I was told that those cards are tailored for the TechiSat Multytenne dishes.

Robxxx7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Shuttle PC 2.8ghz
Sky Star 2
80cm Dish and Moteck SG2100
My Location
Co.Kerry Long 9.90 W Lat 52.11 N
Well i have used SkyStar2 for a couple of years now and it has been faultless, Does the diseqc well, you may have to download some drivers for it that have been adapted but these are well known and can be found in a lot of different places. Also i have never used a Techisat dish, i have used various different makes/brands with no problem. SkyStar2 does not have a slot for the addition of cards/cams, But the SkyStar 1 does (assuming you can get hold of one)

I can't comment on any other cards as i have never used them, but other people here may have and can probably give some comments on them ..also do a search within this board..you will more than likely find useful information

boot_sectorz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky X2, Beausat 2004 FTA Plus, Echostar LT-730, twinhan Vision Plus DVB Card. 90cm Nokia Dish, 1.8m Also Manhattan 9650 Analogue
My Location
Earth......... I hope!
I have been using Twinhan Vision plus but one without the card. I know theres one with a card.
The DiSEqC works fine for 3 dishes that have. So maybe that would not be a problem. Hope that will help