Satellite Radio Channels - Classical Music

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
We have a new subsection now for satellite radio channels reception.
Please feel free to make new threads in anything that is of interest to you, in the areas of classical music, pop, jazz, sport, news, foreign languages, etc. which is receivale via radio channels.
Before I installed my satellite dishes, every radio receiver that I bought, had to have a shortwave reception feature.
Needless to say that as the transmission was in AM, the audio quality was terrible.
I like to listen during the day to classical music from satellite radio channels:
I enjoy listening to these FTA channels from Hot Bird 13E:
- SRG Swiss Classic (SRG) audio bitrate 256 kb/s
- FD Auditorium (RAI) audio bitrate 192 kb/s
- Radio Classique (TPS?) audio bitrate 256 kb/s
- RMF Classic (Polsat) audio bitrate 160 kb/s

I have just noticed that the SRG channel shows the title of the current playing piece.:)

garrick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
JVC 32 lcd freeview tv
TOSIBIA HDD/dvd freeview recoder combi .
FTA 28e & 13e satellete system
My Location
Blackpool, Lancashire, England
HB13DISH said:
We have a new subsection now for satellite radio channels reception.
Please feel free to make new threads in anything that is of interest to you, in the areas of classical music, pop, jazz, sport, news, foreign languages, etc. which is receivale via radio channels.
Before I installed my satellite dishes, every radio receiver that I bought, had to have a shortwave reception feature.
Needless to say that as the transmission was in AM, the audio quality was terrible.
I like to listen during the day to classical music from satellite radio channels:
I enjoy listening to these FTA channels from Hot Bird 13E:
- SRG Swiss Classic (SRG) audio bitrate 256 kb/s
- FD Auditorium (RAI) audio bitrate 192 kb/s
- Radio Classique (TPS?) audio bitrate 256 kb/s
- RMF Classic (Polsat) audio bitrate 160 kb/s

I have just noticed that the SRG channel shows the title of the current playing piece.:)

The one main trouble with satellite radio is that you can only play it at afixed point at the reciever. U-zzz

One option could be the international rollout of Digital Radio Mondial (DRM), this would allow the SW,LW and MW to be heard much more clearly.:cool: