Satellite Radio On Freesat

garrick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
JVC 32 lcd freeview tv
TOSIBIA HDD/dvd freeview recoder combi .
FTA 28e & 13e satellete system
My Location
Blackpool, Lancashire, England
what with the BBC placing it's network on FREESAT, what chance do we have of the national commercial stations joining FREESAT?
VIRGIN, CLASSIC FM, TALKSPORT and PLANET ROCK would be the first to join. Hopefully this would tempt other stations onto FREESAT bringing an even larger choice in music such as country and jazz.

dandnsmith

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm offset dish with triax receiver linked to TV,
and also Humax FoxSat-HD
My Location
Berks, UK
I'm unsure about the freesat offerings, but can confirm that on the Astra2 satellite complex I have Classic FM, Virgin, theJazz on my favourites, and often have theJazz playing while at my PC (great loss from DA:cool:. I've never checked for TALKSPORT and PLANET ROCK. Derek

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well Talksport, planet Rock and Capital are already on the 28.2 platform free to air, so I guess that even if they aren't on the EPG, you can still add them.

garrick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
JVC 32 lcd freeview tv
My Location
rolfw said:
Well Talksport, planet Rock and Capital are already on the 28.2 platform free to air, so I guess that even if they aren't on the EPG, you can still add them.

Lets just hope that the add on menu is straight forward, otherwise FREESAT might have to tempt themU-zzz

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
garrick said:
Lets just hope that the add on menu is straight forward, otherwise FREESAT might have to tempt themU-zzz

Apparently the Humax HD box has a non Freesat setting which displays all the channels. However according to rather disturbing reports the SD boxes do not have this facility....

The main commercial radio stations are bound to join eventually, but at the moment the user base is so small its probably not worth them paying the Freesat epg fee

garrick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
JVC 32 lcd freeview tv
My Location
Analoguesat said:
Apparently the Humax HD box has a non Freesat setting which displays all the channels. However according to rather disturbing reports the SD boxes do not have this facility....

The main commercial radio stations are bound to join eventually, but at the moment the user base is so small its probably not worth them paying the Freesat epg fee

Well let's hope that when they do join they give a good choice of listening covering pop, rock, easy music, jazz, country, classic, talk and sport.

Once the above are on the EPG then other stations should join up covering other aspects of broadcast.:)

garrick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
JVC 32 lcd freeview tv
My Location
garrick said:
Well let's hope that when they do join they give a good choice of listening covering pop, rock, easy music, jazz, country, classic, talk and sport.

Once the above are on the EPG then other stations should join up covering other aspects of broadcast.:)

If FREESAT take's off then the commercial stations will have to start applying for EPG numbers:-worship