Satellite Receiver blocking Freeview signal !

busman12

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
UK
I have a small problem i would like some help with please.

I have installed my own sat system from Maplins. A dish & sat receiver.
I also have a DVD recorder with a built-in Freeview decoder.
Both the sat receiver & DVD rec are connected straight into the TV via scart leads, neither are connected to each other.
When i am watching certain sat channels, the Freeview decoder in the DVD rec won`t pick up any signals - so i cannot record anything whilst watching a sat channel. This only happens when i am watching some channels, mostly if watching BBC or ITV channels its alright.
The DVD recorder is wired to a seperate digital arial.

Somehow the sat channels are blocking signals to the DVD rec, HOW ?:confused

Any help/advice would be helpful, Thanks.:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Do you have the aerial lead going through the satellite receiver as well?

busman12

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
UK
The aerial lead is not going through the sat receiver. I did have it going through and had the same problem. Its currently not.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Strange, the scart leads should have no bearing on what happens with the RF side of the system, unless of course one of them, or a coax connector is not in good condition and interfering.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Are the aerial and satellite cables in some way connected together from the roof (diplexed ?).

Which DVD unit and satellite receiver are you using ?
There may a possibility that one (or both ) units do not have adequate shielding and are interfering in some way with the processing of signals.

Try moving them apart in the cabinet, and if not successful, then either side of the TV.

aba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
chaparral montery 40 fully loaded
ehcostar ad3600ipvia
3 dishes zone 2 / 1 mt motorized / 2.3 m motorized
My Location
nottingham
have you got a scart lead going from sat receiver to the dvd recorder and if you have make sure that the scart lead from sat receiver is not in the tv socket as most of them have power going up one of the scart lead cables activateing a switch at the other end telling it to switch over to that apliance
failing that find wich wire has the power going up it and disconect it at the dvd recorder end
sorry carnt remember wich cable it is