Satellite receiver & dish installation for Indian/Asian channel

M

mad

Hi everyone,

I am new to this, so please help. I want to view Indian/asian channels, they are mostly available on hotbird 3, I live in london, can someone please recommend me a satellite dish, reciever, or a company which does it.

Thanks in advance.

Mad.

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
For most of Hotbird in London, a 70cm dish will suffice and there is quite a bit which is free to air, so the setup could be quite inexpensive. You could try the advertisers on the forum, they will probably have what you require.

M

mad

Thanks Rolf,

can you please help me with some names and models of Receiver/dishes, what price they might be ? or atleast some advertisers who can do it for me.

The advertiser on the forum were all for europe, or I may be looking at the wrong place !!

Lots of questions, I am really sorry, but I don't know anything about this, Please help.

Thanks

N

nitinbose

You may receive channels from HotBird 3 or 1-5, using an 80-120cm 'offset' dish antenna, with comes together with the LNB.
The decoder may be from Eurostar, atlanta etc., which is usually capable of C and Ku band (hotbird frequency range).
The company who may do this may be obtained from:

Mr. Sukesh Seelan
E mail: sukesh.seelan@btinternet.com
Tel: +44(0)20 8777 5156

Linkair Travels
E mail:prem@linkair.co.uk
Tel:
+44(0)20 8665 0206

The above info was available from www.kairali.tv.com site.

M

mad

Thanks Nitin,

I spoke to Sukesh Seelan of Linkair Travels. they only install the dish and Recevier if I take Kairali TV, whcih I don't want to do. I am particularly interest in the Hindi language channels, and the other european channels. Sukesh suggested me to go for Sky TV, but I don't want get tied don't by their 1 year contract.

any help is appreciated.

Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
Any decent receiver on the market will get most channels from commercial satellites

Apart from those on Astra 2, not many tie the card with a particular receiver

B

bizzie

I am trying to understand satellite systems. Now, I would like to watch Asian channels broadcast on hotbird-3 and Astra-2. How would I do this? Would my dish be able to cope with both? Can I also get all the free digital channels in UK as well? Thanks a lot!!!