Satellite Receiver PVR Created Files Extensions

A

Archive7

I have used in the past several satellite receivers with PVR capability.
Each one seems to create a different recorded file/files extensions.
Most of them encrypt the recordings and it is not possible to copy or view the recording to a PC or laptop.
In this thread, I am hoping to create some sort of a database of member's receivers and whether the files are encrypted or not.
At the present time, I use only the VU+ receiver, which is simply amazing in that it creates a *.ts file that contains all the audio channels and subtitles and can be copies to my PC and played using VLC Player.
So here is my receiver data:

VU+ Solo SE V2
Recorded files:
*.ts and several other files that are very small in size
.ts.sc
.ts.meta
.ts.cuts
.ts.ap
.eit

Please give your receiver/receivers recorded files extensions. Thanks.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Humax Foxsat HDR - original model. Three files .ts, .nts and .hmt.

.ts This is the actual recording. It is not encrypted if it is an SD recording. I do not have a sample of an HD recording to hand but I believe these are encrypted unless the receiver has the Raydon modified firmware fitted.

.nts This is some kind of information file and seems to be about 7% or so of the size of the .ts file.

.hmt This is a very small file, only a few kilobytes. It is mostly plain text and appears to hold the location of the file, the name of the programme recorded and the date and time that the recording started.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
^^^^

Re. .ts in above Post for the Humax Foxsat PVR:

Sort of.

The Raydon Firmware itself does not of itself strip the Encryption flag, but there is a separate third party Patch produced sometime later that can be applied. It then, of course, allows the files to be streamed (Or ftp'd, or transferred by USB ) and played without issue on other devices