Satellite Reception in Israel

debtys

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite yet
My Location
Israel
HB13DISH said:
The Israeli Parliament (Knesset) approved recently a free package of five Israel channels.

Before the end of this year, Israelis will be able to tune into five digital TV channels free of charge after buying a decoder which will cost only 400 NIS. (~ $110)

The channels are:

- Channel 1
- Channel 2
- Channel 10
- Channel 33
- Knesset Channel

The platform is yet to be determined.
It is only logical that it might be offered by Yes (satellite) or Hot (cable).

These same channels are being transmitted for some time as FTA from Amos 4W and it is necessary to install a personal dish and to buy an FTA receiver.

The new offer of a modem costing only 400 NIS is certainly a lot cheaper than a private installation, but it has the drawback of being limited to only those five channels.

I would just like to add that this would be a blessing to a lot of pensioners and low income households who are forced to pay the outrageous monthly prices that Yes or Hot charge now for their entry level package, which include these same channels.
The decision should have been made many years ago, but it is better late than never.

I am a novice in this area and could really do with some assistance. Having moved into a new apartment just outside Netanya and not wanting to subscribe to YES or HOT, I was wondering if you could advise me on how to receive the FTA channels.

We have some poor reception of channel 2 through a small antenna attached to the TV but if there is an easy way of receiving more channels and a better picture as you seem to be indicating then that would be fantastic. Can you explain to me in simple terms what I need to do? What do I buy? How do I install it? Where do I buy it from????

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
debtys said:
I am a novice in this area and could really do with some assistance. Having moved into a new apartment just outside Netanya and not wanting to subscribe to YES or HOT, I was wondering if you could advise me on how to receive the FTA channels.

We have some poor reception of channel 2 through a small antenna attached to the TV but if there is an easy way of receiving more channels and a better picture as you seem to be indicating then that would be fantastic. Can you explain to me in simple terms what I need to do? What do I buy? How do I install it? Where do I buy it from????

Hello debtys,
It will depend on whether you can put a dish in your apartment, if south facing living room, or on the roof and run a long coaxial cable to the living room.
All you need is a dish of 1.0m or 1.2m, LNB, a digital FTA receiver and you are setup to receive all the FTA channels on Amos 4W.
You will need a professional installer to do the work.
For the channels list:
http://www.lyngsat.com/amos1.html
Middle East beam only.
If you want to watch more channels, then you need another dish and point it to Hot Bird 13E. Buy a digital receiver with a CI CAM and you will be able to use it with a subscription to BBC Prime or other packages.
For the channels list:
http://www.lyngsat.com/hotbird.html

Edit: Have moved the posats to a new thread, as I want to keep the Yes Israel Package only for the package details.