Satellite reciever query.

NullNode

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have no receivers at the moment. I need to get info before I purchase.
My Location
Luton,Bedfordshire
After my Freeview box died and went to digital heaven,I thought I might go the Freesat route and get HD channels as a bonus. However I am a confused about sat. receivers. Basically can I get a receiver that will get Freesat channels but allow me to recieve other satellite output should I want to go further.

I do not want to purchase kit that will limit any future exploration of satellite entertainment. Any recommendations regarding a suitable range of recievers would be very much appreciated.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
NullNode said:
After my Freeview box died and went to digital heaven,I thought I might go the Freesat route and get HD channels as a bonus. However I am a confused about sat. receivers. Basically can I get a receiver that will get Freesat channels but allow me to recieve other satellite output should I want to go further.

I do not want to purchase kit that will limit any future exploration of satellite entertainment. Any recommendations regarding a suitable range of recievers would be very much appreciated.

Yes you can.

The Humax Foxsat is a Freesat HD Receiver (non-PVR and PVR versions available) which has multi-sat capability.

I have a non-PVR one and it is so good I let my wife watch (but not touch) it.

The PVR is a bit stifled in non-Freesat mode, but overall they are both well worthwhile.