Satellite setup in DVBprog

Siddan

Reaction score
hi

I could need a small Guidance with this since i can´t really see anywhere and there is just too much of everything... :/

I have a dish with 4 universal headers or DiSEqC pointed to each satellite. I have tried a bit on both Setup4PC and DVBprog.

on Setup4PC I can´t get any signal of the other DiSEqC options.. only Pos A - Opt A as it seems . Overall I just get a signal for Astra 1b as it seems. So do I need to setup the 4 satellites on both?.. and which name should be selected when rightclicking the status symbol,,, there are so bloody many hehe

All I know is that is that I shuld have the DiSEqC settings in DVBprog to "1.0 or 2.0" and then add the following LNB. And that is where I am kinda stuck. I am not sure which header is pointed to which satellite but that could be tested so it won´t be difficult to see.

I have tried looking at lyngsat.com but that shows where the dish should point at and so and I am just unsure about all the settings in DVBprog, like what to have in LOF1 and 2 and also Switch.

My following pointed satellites are:
Sirius 5 E
Thor 1 W
Astra 19.2 E
Hotbird 13 E

I would like to recieve all channels on those followings....

I live in sweden and is using the Sky Star 2 pci card

thanks

Siddan

Reaction score
thanks but no. I had a look at it and it is very simple just using 1 LNB as an example. I have my dish pointed to 4 satellites using 4 headers. As for now it only seem to see 1 satellite I think it is Astra and I can recieve channels.. a bit over 200 in total but shouldn´t it be more tho?

I selected Eutelsat 1W and that is where Thor should be at 1 W, perhaps they are the same so then I made a channel search... it was empty at almost the half search and then it found 7 channels to view and 14 radio channels. All are german channels and one Polish. ummm there ought to be Canal Digital channels.

So I really think i need pure help with this and not anymore guides cus it seems like my "want to be settings" are very unique which no one else have

Siddan

Reaction score
ok now this is funny.....
Now I managed to get a few channels from Thor 1 W but ONLY in DVB Dream. I started to recieve channels from the scan option selecting Thor 2/3 and I had to rightclick Setup4PC and chose T-Systems Hotbird 13 E during the scan for it to pick up the channels, why i do not know but i did it randomly.
This I cant do in DVBprog. But but nut.. seems like I can´t watch any channels in DVB Dream.. it is all black.

Siddan

Reaction score
ummm not really an answer I was looking for ... but thanks for what exactly?

WyrTwister

Reaction score
Siddan said:
hi

I could need a small Guidance with this since i can´t really see anywhere and there is just too much of everything... :/

I have a dish with 4 universal headers or DiSEqC pointed to each satellite. I have tried a bit on both Setup4PC and DVBprog.

on Setup4PC I can´t get any signal of the other DiSEqC options.. only Pos A - Opt A as it seems . Overall I just get a signal for Astra 1b as it seems. So do I need to setup the 4 satellites on both?.. and which name should be selected when rightclicking the status symbol,,, there are so bloody many hehe

All I know is that is that I shuld have the DiSEqC settings in DVBprog to "1.0 or 2.0" and then add the following LNB. And that is where I am kinda stuck. I am not sure which header is pointed to which satellite but that could be tested so it won´t be difficult to see.

I have tried looking at lyngsat.com but that shows where the dish should point at and so and I am just unsure about all the settings in DVBprog, like what to have in LOF1 and 2 and also Switch.

My following pointed satellites are:
Sirius 5 E
Thor 1 W
Astra 19.2 E
Hotbird 13 E

I would like to recieve all channels on those followings....

I live in sweden and is using the Sky Star 2 pci card

thanks

Pretty much standard operating procedure to set up each sat , one at a time , with out a switch .

It is a very common mistake to be pointed at a different sat , than you think you are .

Can not help you with Prog , I mostly use MT & occasionally Dream .

Wyr

Siddan

Reaction score
hi Wyr...

The dish is not pointing anywhere but to those specific 4 satellites as I always had them at. I have used the same sat names as what I can read from the menu setup in my digital reciever.

I have also Dream, but it is all black on every channel, plugins seems fine and don´t know what else can cause this blackvision... any ideas?

Siddan

Reaction score
so.... any chance I could recieve some help?.... surely I am not the only one who uses 4 LNBs with skystar2 in this world

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I don't really use ProgDVB much, but as I remember, it's easy to set up the four LNB's.

ProgDVB does not like the Kiosk channels on 1W, due to the symbol rate AFAIK.

1w is off at the moment, and is most of the time, so you'll be lucky to see anything thats not free to air. For testing purposes, try Kiosk 1 which is FTA, or BBC world if the SR is giving you problems.

Try using MyTheatre V2.76. It's much more stable and reliable, and does not exhibit the Kiosk decoding problem.

kuti

Reaction score
I have sky 2 useing progdvb tuned inthree satellites,hotbird,astra,hispasat and I see all three .Have you configured the lmb fistr,from the lmb setting,you have to tick disect 1.1 first and start setting each lmg go first from number one chsoe the satellite and tick default and ok and repeat this for the other three.
kuti

Siddan

Reaction score
thanks for the replies.

Guess I´ll have to try a third program, My theatre then...

and yes I have set up the 4 LNBs... but really... as what I see it like the settings are exactly the same,,, the only difference as I see is the satellite name. That´s what I can´t understand...