kitoog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000s w/160 Gb hdd
superjack dg120 diseqc motor
lidl 80cm dish and lnb
My Location
ireland
gonna put a setup a motorised system with 88cm dish up for a mate. he has some tall trees at the end of his garden. so i need to know roughly at what degree to the horizon the signals from satellite come in at.if you know which satellite has the lowest angle would be even better. i can then work out will the trees block the signal as they are still growing.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
download the Swedish Microwave calculator , input your coordinates, then the location of the various satellites in the arc, you can get these from _www.lyngsat.com. It will give you every elevation on the arc. :)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
It's getting quite close now to when the sun's azimuth equal to the satellite's azimuth is zero degrees - a couple of weeks hence ( when you can see it :) ), so the sun will be following the satellite arc.

Click on 'Antenna Look Angles' here -

http://www.satellite-calculations.com/

And enter your coordinates for the satellites you are interested in.

Llew

kitoog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000s w/160 Gb hdd
superjack dg120 diseqc motor
lidl 80cm dish and lnb
My Location
ireland
cheers, nice program, just what i needed.