satellite switching problem

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Panasonic TU-DSB30 digib0xes, FTV cards, quad LNB, Zone 2 dish, & VCR (remember those?)
My Location
rural Northern Ireland
Hello everyone,

Thanks to Llew and rolfw for prior advice.

However, I was a little hasty in saying everything was sorted. My problem is this:

if my receiver (Echostar) is on Hotbird, and I switch to Astra1, then I get a "no signal" message, until I go into the "LNB setting" menu. I have Hotbird as LNB 1, and so on the LNB menu I set Astra1 as LNB 2. I press the "OK" button, and I get a "stored" message, but if I change channel, it (mysteriously) changes itself back to LNB 1, so to get Astra 1 back again, I must go back into the LNB setting menu and change it back to LNB 2 and so on, and so on... But shouldn't the sat switching button do all this by itself?

I'm not sure I've explained this very well. I have written down the monoblock specs and the LNB settings menu if that would help.

Jonny

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Panasonic TU-DSB30 digib0xes, FTV cards, quad LNB, Zone 2 dish, & VCR (remember those?)
My Location
rural Northern Ireland
While I'm asking stupid questions... I have as the prime focus Astra 1, and the signal levels are very good, receiving all channels well. But for Hotbird it is usually 1/4 to 1/3 on the signal bar, occassionaly going up to around 1/2.

Is this what is to be expected, or would it be better to use Hotbird as the prime focus?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hotbird would normally be better as the prime focus. Not having an Echostar, I can't tell what is going wrong with the switching, but if the unit is not retaining the setting, then there must be a saving option which you are missing.

exxxklusive

Reaction score
My Location
Merseyside
I have a 3000IP & a Monoblock for Astra/Hotbird, installed professionally some 4/5 yrs ago by my local dealer...

It is primed on Hotbird & have a good 70% plus signal easily even today, was better back then though, only using an 80cm dish from merseyside too...

I do know that switching between sats for me is exactly how you describe it so not sure if there is any fault there as i do know the 'Sat' button serves a purpose for TP/channel searching...( I have vers200 software though & the 'Sat' button could well serve more purpose on a later vers)

Hope this helps some...

Exxx

exxxklusive

Reaction score
My Location
Merseyside
Also...On my LNB Menu, i have 'Mini-Diseqc' set for the Diseqc...maybe try that if it is'nt set that way...good luck.

Exxx

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rural Northern Ireland
rolfw - thank you for (as always) your wise advice, I will move the prime focus to Hotbird on the next dry day. I will let you know about signal levels after that.

exxxklusive - thank you also. If both our 3000IPs are switching this way, then either we are both wrong,or this is the way it is supposed to work.

PS on my monoblock it says "Ku/C" - does this mean anything?