Satellite System/Card to watch Portuguese Super Liga in the UK

andrewfcp1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+HD
My Location
Belfast, Northern Ireland
I support FC Porto from Northern Ireland, but the only way I can watch their games is through online streaming, which as most know is not as pleasant as watching it on a big television.

I am a complete novice with Satellite systems etc, so I am wondering could someone please give me some pointers please. By pointers I meant suggestions on dishes and whatever else you need. And also for a card that would enable me to watch the Portuguese Super Liga, more specifically FC Porto.

Links to sites where I can purchase the equipment cards etc would be an added bonus.

Thanks in advance.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
I think you need to look at getting a viewing card and box to tv cabo.

A 80cm dish or even a zone 2 Minidish aligned to 30west would be enough depending on your location.

Aljazeera sport on 13east hotbird show a lot of football but not sure on if they cover portugese leagues.

That would be the inexpensive option.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
As for places to get equipment and Cards from, you could do no better than to browse our Forum Sponsors.

A nonymous

Reaction score
In the UK you will need a minimum 60cm dish for all weather viewing from the satellite at 30w which carries most of the portuguese programming. You may get away with a Sky Minidish but reception may be a bit flaky in the rain. You will also need to modify the lnb slightly to allow you to set the skew on the lnb correctly if using either a Zone 1 or 2 Sky minidish.

There are two portuguese providers that operate from Hispasat 30w. Zon TV ( formerly TV Cabo ) and Meo. With both services you will need a subscriber card and a dedicated Zon or Meo receiver as both companies use Nagravision 3 encryption which requires the card to be paired to the receiver.

As far as i am aware you can only get these services if you have a portugeuse bank account and you live in Portugal. The only other alternative is if you can get someone in Portugal to subscribe to the service for you as neither company offer a Pay as you go service.

It may be possible you could do a swap with an ex pat out there who may want to subscribe to Sky.

Nano