Satellite System for Spanish Channels

izaceci

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 80cm dish
Digipower motor. Diseqc H-H Motor SG-2100
PremiumHD LNB. Input: 10.70-12.75 Ghz. Output: 950-2150 Mhz. Noise 0.3db antiblock
Receiver: Opticum 3000L
My Location
wiltshire, marlborough
Hiya all, I am a newbie in this world so if you can pass me a short of a manual or email adress, will be much appreciated!!! ;0)

I live in marlborough, wiltshire SN8 2AG and I would like to get Spanish tv. What aerial size do you recommend? (I will not like to put a huge one because of the council) and if you could also tell me how I am supposed to direct it? would it do a mesh one of 45cm similar to the ones they put for sky?

million thanks!!!!

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Hi,
Your post should be in the the Dish Setup.
I will try to move it there, but if I can't then one of our kind mods will help.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A 60cm dish will be ideal, point it at Hispasat 30W, to help you do this, buy a little sat-beeper meter, they are around £10. :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
izaceci said:
Hiya all, I am a newbie in this world so if you can pass me a short of a manual or email adress, will be much appreciated!!! ;0)
I live in marlborough, wiltshire XXXXXXXX and I would like to get Spanish tv. What aerial size do you recommend? (I will not like to put a huge one because of the council) and if you could also tell me how I am supposed to direct it? would it do a mesh one of 45cm similar to the ones they put for sky?

million thanks!!!!

Hi,

The largest choice of Free To Air Spanish channels is on Hispasat at 30 degrees West.

Have a look here:-
_http://www.flysat.com/tv-sp.php

To point a dish at Hispasat the dish will need to point approximately 30 degrees west of south. To get the dish elevation angle required use _www.dishpointer.com.

You may get away with a Zone 1 minidish for Hispasat, personally I would go with a zone 2 just to make sure. Either way the LNB may need to me modified slightly to get the Skew right for a western satellite.

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...ne-2-mini-dish-installation-2.html#post747820

Robbo:)

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
The post was originally posted in the D+ package.
I think that the o/p might also be interested in pointing to Astra 19.2E and getting a subscription.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Ah, OK, in which case a zone 2 minidish will do the job admirably. :)

joekir

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven 60cm, fixed for Hispa, 30W, Fibo 90cm 53E - 61W (ex 16E - 28E), Channel Master 90cm 15W -28E, Technomate 5400, Echolink 777. For feeds: Vantage 221, Quali-TV 1080IRCI (4:2:2).
Panasonic TH42PX80B Plasma TV.
My Location
London
izaceci said:

I live in marlborough, wiltshire SN8 2AG and I would like to get Spanish tv. What aerial size do you recommend? (I will not like to put a huge one because of the council) and if you could also tell me how I am supposed to direct it? would it do a mesh one of 45cm similar to the ones they put for sky?

million thanks!!!!

Hi,
This is more or less the same thing I asked when I joined the forum and I was after Hispasat. The zone 2 is now, with some help from the members here, receiving every FTA channel on hispasat at my location in NW Kent.
So maybe have a look at that thread and watch out for the advice about skew adjustment

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...first-time-zone-2-mini-dish-installation.html

The zone 2 was OK for a beginner like me, as all the brackets, clips and LNB were included. If all you want to do is to leave it fixed onto hispasat, the zone 2 is perfect....the installation is easy and all you need after that is to plug in the receiver. Also, I don't think I would have found it so easy without a meter...but opinions vary on those. I had an old meter to use, but they can be bought on the bay for about a tenner.

As I now want to install a motor, I will be upgrading to a small high quality dish like the Fracarro or Hirschmann.

izaceci

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 80cm dish
PremiumHD LNB. Input: 10.70-12.75 Ghz. Output: 950-2150 Mhz. Noise 0.3db antiblock
My Location
wiltshire, marlborough
HB13DISH said:
Hi,
Your post should be in the the Dish Setup.
I will try to move it there, but if I can't then one of our kind mods will help.
sorry, I did not know. as I said I am a newbie and even though I have been looking for the info, sometimes is difficult to find it!

apologies!

izaceci

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 80cm dish
My Location
wiltshire, marlborough
rolfw said:
A 60cm dish will be ideal, point it at Hispasat 30W, to help you do this, buy a little sat-beeper meter, they are around £10. :)
thanks rolfw. I was actually thinking about a 80cm one to make sure as I read somewhere that would be less risky, however, a 80 is quite big, so the council might give me s***, so might put a 60 at the end if it does the job!

thanks again

izaceci

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 80cm dish
My Location
wiltshire, marlborough
sounds good joekir, thanks!
I am still unsure about zone 1 and 2. I am also trying to get some polish tv, and I guessed with a bigger dish will do, but all these satellite thing seems to be an amazing and difficult world! I am actually starting to feel scare as I think I might not get anything at the end...

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
The zone 2's are just a bit bigger that's all.:)

There's no Polish FTA on Hispasat, Hotbird (13e) looks more promising.

_http://www.flysat.com/tv-pl.php

Very soon you will need to motorise if you carry on like this.:-rofl2

izaceci

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 80cm dish
My Location
wiltshire, marlborough
thank you robbo71.

You are right, actually I was thinking to do that, but how difficult will be? would I need a double LNB or with a single one will do? To be honest I am rubbish and I have nooo idea of what I am doing or what do i have to do... help, please help!!

if for the polish channels I need to orient the dish to hotbird 13e, but for the spanish i need hispasat, how do i configure the motor?

million thanks!

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
izaceci said:
if for the polish channels I need to orient the dish to hotbird 13e, but for the spanish i need hispasat, how do i configure the motor?

Don't worry, it's all relatively simple really:)

The dish just swivels round automatically to the satellite needed when you change channel. (After being properly setup). The initial setup needs to be done on the satellite nearest to you due south (1W for example). After that the dish should follow the arc as it rotates, stopping where it needs to.

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...t-motorised-systems/117335-satellite-arc.html

:)

izaceci

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 80cm dish
My Location
wiltshire, marlborough
thanks!

I am going to have a look and probably will not bother you for a while,..., lets say 5 minutes? ;0) (sorry I do not even know how to make those cools smileys!)
take care!

izaceci

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 80cm dish
My Location
wiltshire, marlborough
many thanks Robbo71.

even though you are very helpful, it seems to be getting more difficult by the minute!

I have not bought the dish, motor and lnb yet, so I guess my problems will start once I have them around...

thanks again!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
izaceci said:
many thanks Robbo71.

even though you are very helpful, it seems to be getting more difficult by the minute!

I have not bought the dish, motor and lnb yet, so I guess my problems will start once I have them around...

thanks again!

Don't worry mate. It seems difficult, but it isn't really:)

When I first got my kit together I was a bit baffled at first, but once you have read the manual a few times and had chance to experiment a little, it gradually becomes clearer. Understand the basic principle of a motorised dish and everything else just follows.

The basic principle is, the dish is mounted on a shaft which rotates on an axis aligned to the earths polar axis. The dish then has to be tilted down towards the satelltes which are approx 22,000 miles away above the equator. ( Imagine yourself standing at the north pole and being able to rotate on the spot, looking down you can see all the sats. Now move down a bit to say the UK and do the same, but now you can only see the sats on our side of the earth)

:)

izaceci

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 80cm dish
My Location
wiltshire, marlborough
thanks again, and again, and again!

I am doing more research now, and seems clearer... (I think...)

another question (probably silly) If I have the motor do i need a monoblock LNB?
as the motor is supposed to move, i guess there is no need and the lnb only catches 6 degrees difference...

it took me more than 5 minutes though...

thanks!

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
izaceci said:
thanks again, and again, and again!

I am doing more research now, and seems clearer... (I think...)

another question (probably silly) If I have the motor do i need a monoblock LNB?
as the motor is supposed to move, i guess there is no need and the lnb only catches 6 degrees difference...

it took me more than 5 minutes though...

thanks!

A single LNb fella :D

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
No, you don't need a monoblock, that is intended for fixed dishes, to get 13E and 19E for example.

Just a single universal LNB will do fine (for now:))

( I have 3 LNBs on my motorised dish, but that's a different story:-rofl2)